shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ or Beverley K stacking band?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going for the Kate Beckinsale stacking ring look with my new e-ring. I LOVE this ring:

http://idjewelryonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=53_137&products_id=65578
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry-designers/beverley-k-jewelry/rings/162PP1/

So, the IDJ ring is WAYYY cheaper than the Beverley K one. They look identical. But the Beverley K runs about $2000 more in platinum. :shock: Does anyone know why? Name brand? Better quality? I also think my jeweler can get something similar, I am going to check with him, but wanted to ask here to see if anyone knew why there was such a difference in price on this ring..

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's the brand name plus the fact that the Beverly K one has more details (hand engraved side and double milgrains). The IDJ one is probably a cast without handmade details.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Muluver|1378675365|3516906 said:
I think it's the brand name plus the fact that the Beverly K one has more details (hand engraved side and double milgrains).

ahhhh! hand-engraved side! I didn't think of that.....

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you're stacking, are the sides gonna show anyway?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
motownmama|1378675780|3516909 said:

nope! And I'm cheap! :lol: The bands are both under 2mm anyway, so carving may be overkill...

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd buy the IDJ in a heartbeat over the Beverly K!! I'm sorry, but IMO the double milgraining and extra engraving does not a $4K ring make! :lol:

Besides, it's gonna be so dainty and small that anyone would be hard-pressed to notice little differences like that -- but your wallet will certainly take notice! ;)) :D

I thought about buying the LOGR version of the IDJ you posted (and having them upgrade the stones)... I bought my sapphire eternity from JewlerUSA on ebay and love it (it has milgrain and engraving on both sides as well)!!

My sapphire band
sapphire_diamond_deco_band_1.jpg imag0055-2.jpg

EDIT: this photo was posted in another thread to show the "most yellow" my stone ever looks, so... ya know. LOL ::)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1378677939|3516917 said:
motownmama|1378675780|3516909 said:

nope! And I'm cheap! :lol: The bands are both under 2mm anyway, so carving may be overkill...

Yes!! This! ;)) I'm the same way! :bigsmile: :lol:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1378680448|3516931 said:
I'd buy the IDJ in a heartbeat over the Beverly K!! I'm sorry, but IMO the double milgraining and extra engraving does not a $4K ring make! :lol:

Besides, it's gonna be so dainty and small that anyone would be hard-pressed to notice little differences like that -- but your wallet will certainly take notice! ;)) :D

I thought about buying the LOGR version of the IDJ you posted (and having them upgrade the stones)... I bought my sapphire eternity from JewlerUSA on ebay and love it (it has milgrain and engraving on both sides as well)!!

My sapphire band

EDIT: this photo was posted in another thread to show the "most yellow" my stone ever looks, so... ya know. LOL ::)

:lol: what color is your stone? I posted a pic of my K, which shows it only close up...i agree with you! WHY pay extra?

I originally wanted sapphires, but now I think I just want the diamond versions. What is LOGR??? Do you have another contender??? :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
soxfan|1378680574|3516934 said:

My sapphire band

:lol: what color is your stone? I posted a pic of my K, which shows it only close up...i agree with you! WHY pay extra?

I originally wanted sapphires, but now I think I just want the diamond versions. What is LOGR??? Do you have another contender??? :love:

I have a 2.43 (8.7mm) GIA J... LOGR = Lord of Gem Rings - I have seen the IDJ ring on ebay before, but I think the price is about the same... may be a little less. I haven't seen it in a bit, but I know that LOGR operates under at least two screen names on ebay (one other is Lord of Pearls or something...), but it's the exact same company from my understanding. My sapphire ring was listed at $595, but I offered $400 and they took it! OH HAPPY DAY! :bigsmile:

And just to "defend" my diamond :praise: , I must post some other photos in different lighting situations (and definitely not as harsh as the yucky work lights in the above photo...) :praise: :lol:
As the sun was setting on my drive home from work -- tons of pastels!! :love:
pastels_driving.jpg
Last weekend at the Auburn game :bigsmile:
au_footballbling.jpg
In the bright Mexican sun on our honeymoon!
img_2107.jpg

Sorry for the threadjack and photo overload! <hehehe> :naughty:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1378681789|3516948 said:
soxfan|1378680574|3516934 said:

My sapphire band

I have a 2.43 (8.7mm) GIA J... LOGR = Lord of Gem Rings - I have seen the IDJ ring on ebay before, but I think the price is about the same... may be a little less. I haven't seen it in a bit, but I know that LOGR operates under at least two screen names on ebay (one other is Lord of Pearls or something...), but it's the exact same company from my understanding. My sapphire ring was listed at $595, but I offered $400 and they took it! OH HAPPY DAY! :bigsmile:

And just to "defend" my diamond :praise: , I must post some other photos in different lighting situations (and definitely not as harsh as the yucky work lights in the above photo...) :praise: :lol:
As the sun was setting on my drive home from work -- tons of pastels!! :love:
pastels_driving.jpg
Last weekend at the Auburn game :bigsmile:
au_footballbling.jpg
In the bright Mexican sun on our honeymoon!
img_2107.jpg

Sorry for the threadjack and photo overload! <hehehe> :naughty:

your diamond is a J! Even whiter than my K! it's beautiful! Will lord of the rings :lol: make this particular ring? Or do I have to find something they have listed? I REALLY want the baguettes so I an shamelessly copy Kate Beckinsale.

I did look at orospot. But WAY too much, IMHO

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure if they can make it. There is a member of this forum that has a ring just like that and I think they got it from LOGR. I wish some of the veterans would chime in on this. But even if they can't make it, The price is really good on the IDJ Ring.

I'm using voice to text right now so if there are any errors please look over them. :bigsmile:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly now that I think about it if I were you I would just go ahead and buy the IDJ ring And call it a day. ::) :praise: :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will not be allowed to get ANYTHING for a while. :lol: My old wedding band is too big to wear with my new ring. I need to sell it or do a trade in at my jewelers. He can also order these bands. I wonder if they are the same as IDJ? They are in a big catalog..

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
I have this band but with blue sapphires in platinum by Beverley K and I lovelovelove it! I don't know about IDJ they have a great rep and would def use them, but it might be worthwhile to do a search for a BK as I found mine on clearance for a fraction of the price. It would be gorgeous with your VC!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maiyavel|1378690295|3517012 said:
I have this band but with blue sapphires in platinum by Beverley K and I lovelovelove it! I don't know about IDJ they have a great rep and would def use them, but it might be worthwhile to do a search for a BK as I found mine on clearance for a fraction of the price. It would be gorgeous with your VC!

Thanks! Where did you find it??

maiyavel

Shiny_Rock
I found it online through Diamend Scaasi (sp?) in Chicago. It was what I chose as a push present when my son was born.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maiyavel|1378692494|3517031 said:
I found it online through Diamend Scaasi (sp?) in Chicago. It was what I chose as a push present when my son was born.

I just checked online. Nothing. I'll keep looking....thanks!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not on my regular computer so can not link to pictures, but when I was in Chicago and visiting DiamondZone (also on eBay) I bought this style in a yellow baguette and diamond combination, which had beautiful details, and he was able to size it up for me by putting in a spacer bar. On that spacer bar, Ilya had his bench replicate EXACTLY, the same milgraining and engraving, so it is a perfect match. It was VERY reasonably priced and looks to be the same style as what you've shown.

Just throwing out another option of where to purchase!

There is a picture of mine in the SMTB forum in a thread that SB started regarding - coloured stone eternity bands... (sorry, can't remember the title at this moment...)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1378726743|3517154 said:
Not on my regular computer so can not link to pictures, but when I was in Chicago and visiting DiamondZone (also on eBay) I bought this style in a yellow baguette and diamond combination, which had beautiful details, and he was able to size it up for me by putting in a spacer bar. On that spacer bar, Ilya had his bench replicate EXACTLY, the same milgraining and engraving, so it is a perfect match. It was VERY reasonably priced and looks to be the same style as what you've shown.

There is a picture of mine in the SMTB forum in a thread that SB started regarding - coloured stone eternity bands... (sorry, can't remember the title at this moment...)

I found it! It is the exact one I'm looking for but with all white diamonds. I didn't see it on their website.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
soxfan|1378727716|3517165 said:

I found it! It is the exact one I'm looking for but with all white diamonds. I didn't see it on their website.

By the sounds of things, I'm pretty sure he can source out anything and then you can compare prices between DZ and IDJ, but just fire off an email and see what he can do for you! Very easy to talk to and very willing to work with a budget. Quite liked dealing w him! Say hi from Enerchi, for me, if you call! :bigsmile:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Enerchi!! I will!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
soxfan|1378728903|3517170 said:
Thanks Enerchi!! I will!

:D :kiss: Thanks!!

But really--- you could wear a twist tie w that gorgeous EMILYA and no one would be the wiser!!! Your newly reset ering is a STUNNER!!! :love: :lickout: :love:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1378729016|3517171 said:
soxfan|1378728903|3517170 said:
Thanks Enerchi!! I will!

:D :kiss: Thanks!!

But really--- you could wear a twist tie w that gorgeous EMILYA and no one would be the wiser!!! Your newly reset ering is a STUNNER!!! :love: :lickout: :love:

Thanks! I love it. :love:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey sox, would you mind posting the link to the ring you found? I only found the ones made like mine and would really like to see the "Beckinsale" ring. :bigsmile:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
msop04|1378735979|3517222 said:

Hey sox, would you mind posting the link to the ring you found? I only found the ones made like mine and would really like to see the "Beckinsale" ring. :bigsmile:

Here's the pic from the internet:

_9772.jpg

like_thesebands.jpg

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FINALLY! After selling the house, moving into a temp place, and house-hunting, DH has told me to get the bands. I emailed Victor this morning for a quote. My jeweler here said the ring with the baguettes would be too dainty for him to fabricate:( depending on the quote, I will look into alternatives. But boy do I just love Victors work and think its worth the extra money.

So excited! Now to browse all I've missed here.....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results