shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ jackets have arrived!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Just picked up my jackets from IDJ today. Caught Stargurl's post of her IDJ jackets just prior to leaving my house to travel to Manhattan. We had both seen and loved photos Cellentani had posted of her IDJ jackets.
When I arrived at the store and saw the jackets, I commented that I thought the 3 pointers would look larger. (The day after I had ordered the jackets I had called IDJ and asked if 5 pointers would work better with my studs so one can the direction I was moving toward weeks ago ) As luck would have it, IDJ had made up a few of these jackets in 3 pointers and 5 pointers and I was shown a pair of 5 pointer jackets. I was immediately hypnotized by them and tried on one of my .50 point stud with the 3 point jackets and one with the 5 point jackets. My hubby and mom initially preferred the 3 pointers and felt they were beautiful, subtle and more practical. They did look lovely on my ear but I just couldn't resist the hold the 5 pointers had on me. Below are photos of my new earring jackets 1.02 cts (20 diamonds), F/G, SI1.

IMG_0578.jpg IMG_0574.jpg IMG_0568.jpg IMG_0566.jpg http://www.pricescope.com/files/images/IMG_0565.JPG[/img

Photos were taken at my request courtesy of IDJ as my camera cannot take decent photos of my jewelry despite my reading the link "How to take Photos" and numerous but disastrous tries. Like Stargurl's jackets, there is a small but definite airline that is not visible in the photos. I would have preferred no airline but I am very satisfied with the jackets. The diamonds have quite a sparkle and really dress up my so-so quality studs that I have had for many years but wore infrequently.

Thank you Cellentani for posting. It was very strange as I had just had two of my grandmother's rings (pretty settings-one was her engagement ring- close to 100 years old) restored by IDJ, including replacing diamonds that had been removed - one of them a .80 center stone. I was trying to post photos (unsuccessfully) on the forum and came across Cellentani's photos of her beautiful jackets and saw they were from IDJ. I knew I just had to have a pair of my own!

The folks at IDJ were very pleasant to work with. It was also nice bumping into a fellow Pricescoper at IDJ!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Cellentani started quite the trend around here with these jackets! :bigsmile: I LOVE your 5 pointers and I agree that the 3-pointers don't look as large as expected. So your studs are 0.50 ct each? I'm surprised that there would still be an airline but it definitely doesn't look as large as the airline on mine. Anyways, they are gorgeous and I hope you enjoy them!!!!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Stargurl. You can't tell in the photos but the air-line on mine are about the same as the air-line on yours. I would have preferred no airline as well but I am still happy with the jackets. Cellentani certainly inspired a mini stampede to IDJ!!!!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, sorry. My studs are a total weight of 1 ct, .50pts each.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lovely!!!! These have been a hot item lately!!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
G :love: RGE :love: US!!!!

They are beeeee YOU tiful!!!

Hmmm.... 3pts vs 5pts.... CAn you post ear shots if possible? I know you said you didn't take good photos, but any chance you could give it a go? These look stunning.

We can blame it all on Cellantini, Mara and Aljedewey for getting us hooked on jackets! ;))

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi said:
G :love: RGE :love: US!!!!

They are beeeee YOU tiful!!!

Hmmm.... 3pts vs 5pts.... CAn you post ear shots if possible? I know you said you didn't take good photos, but any chance you could give it a go? These look stunning.

We can blame it all on Cellantini, Mara and Aljedewey for getting us hooked on jackets! ;))

YES we need ear shots!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
uh oh... zero self control strikes again! Just fired off an email to Luann to get some details specific to my studs. Will wait for my reply tomorrow... :twirl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
GORGEOUS!!!! :love: So blingy!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
mmhmmm, just gotta up the ante, don't you?!! :lol: Those jackets are SERIOUSLY gorgeous, and the proportions are very similar to mine - :love: :love: :love: ! We're not leaving you alone until you post ear shots though, even if you have to get the mailman to take them!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the ear shots!!!!!!!!!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
All these beautiful IDJ jacket threads are not helping my resolve. :errrr: :naughty: :Up_to_something:

I now don't know how big they need to be, now I have seen these beauties. Yesterday I didn't even know I NEEDED them. :lol:

Fabulously sparkly, thank you for sharing! Can we have a few more pics, even phone ones would do. :saint:

:wavey:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
earring%20jackets%202.jpg .
Sorry for the side view. That was the best I could do with a borrowed android! My piercing (done as a child) is on the low side - not well centered - and I do have lobes that are on the smallish side. There is an airline but I think that unless jackets are custom made this is always a possibility. This photo is very enlarged and so in person the airline is not as noticeable. The diamonds in the jackets are clean looking and very sparkly - hard to tell in this photo which really don't do the jackets justice.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!!! :love: I am loving both sizes of the jackets!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look BEAUTIFUL on you JLW!!! I love that size!!!!! :love: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
They look BEAUTIFUL on you JLW!!! I love that size!!!!! :love: :appl:

Seashell12

Rough_Rock
What is size of center stone?

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
The center stone is .50 ct

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
::::swoon::::::

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Wowzers! :love: the 5 pointers look amazing!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GORGEOUS!!! I am LOVING the 5 pointers!!!!!! :love: :love: :love:

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you. The photos taken by IDJ give a better idea of the proportions than the one taken by the cell phone. I don't think the center stone in the IDJ photo is mine because I don't see an airline and IDJ was resetting my diamonds. Although my studs are .50 each, they are not a good cut and I think weight is hidden at the base of the diamonds, making them appear smaller, hence the airline. I noticed that others who purchased the 3 point jackets and had .50 stones did not have any airlines. These are old studs, purchased before we all had home computers and could easily research and learn about diamond quality. I would never dream of purchasing those diamonds today. I never really liked them much but these jackets make a world of difference!

victoriouslegion

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous... gorgeous.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results