shape
carat
color
clarity

IDJ FTW! 4.5ctw platinum hinged diamond bangle x 2

SMC

Ideal_Rock
My then-FI (now-DH) and I wanted to get something extra special for our moms to wear at our wedding. After comparing the options available on a short time frame, I decided to go with Yekutiel at IDJ.

We ended up with 2 solid (not hollow!) platinum hinged bangles, with 4.5ctw of diamonds (18 x 0.25ct diamonds) each. I specified I wanted eye clean "Pricescope quality" diamonds and Yekutiel gave me F/G SI diamonds. I was very specific on needing 18 diamonds as "8" is a very lucky number for Chinese people (it's a homonym for the word "rich"). Yekutiel was also able to engrave it to make it extra special.

I never bothered to loupe them as eye clean is good enough for me! They are super white and very sparkly. I could not be more pleased with the quality of the stones.

Our mothers were ecstatic about them. I was especially worried about pleasing my MIL as she has more exacting standards than my mom, but my worries were unfounded. She keeps talking about how pleased she is with the bracelet and how jealous other older ladies are. :)

img_3205.jpg

img_0061.jpg

img_3207.jpg

img_3209.jpg

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Re: IDJ FTW! 4.5ctw platinum hinged diamond bangle

More pictures with my mildly cooperative but mostly just temperamental model.

img_0066.jpg

img_3211.jpg

img_3215.jpg

misskittycat

Brilliant_Rock
They are just gorgeous!! And how cute to get your poochie in on the act!

D

Deactivated member 42515

Awwwww Phinney!!! You're so much bigger than the last time I saw you! The bangles look amazing on her! Should have kept it instead and made her a diamond collar. :)

Those are some badass bangles! Huge!!!! I wish I was your mother in law or mom! :naughty:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And such a cute puppy!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pair of bangles!!... :love: :love: :appl:

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning, and your puppy is so cute.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They are totally stunning! And your doggie is scrumptious! :love:

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous bangles and the cutest little doggy!! :appl: :appl:

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you posted these!
I was very excited about this project, and it is fantastic to see how great they look!
And they look :cheeky:
This is the kind of question that keeps me up at night:
:geek: diamond bangle? or... 'eternity' tennis bracelet??!! :appl: :Up_to_something:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, lucky Mom and MIL!!!

And your dog is adorable.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh I love the bracelets an the doggies shots!!! Too cute!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just so beautiful!! Congratulations!! Your moms will :love: them.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very sparkly! :sun: Do you recommend stacking them at all? BTW, I've got my own WF version (in a much smaller ct weight) coming soon!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
18 is my favourite number, being Chinese myself, and has a personalised car registration with all my initials and the number 18 on it. :bigsmile:

And thanks for sharing the bangles as they are gorgeous, as well as the dog!

DK :love:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful and love the model!!!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
LaraOnline|1388745176|3585415 said:
I am so glad you posted these!
I was very excited about this project, and it is fantastic to see how great they look!
And they look :cheeky:
This is the kind of question that keeps me up at night:
:geek: diamond bangle? or... 'eternity' tennis bracelet??!! :appl: :Up_to_something:
If it were me, I'd probably choose a snug tennis bracelet. I felt like the bangle slid up and down my wrist too much. Plus, you can't beat the blingy eternity look. My DH liked the look of the bangle though, and we wanted to get larger diamonds for our moms.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1388759851|3585468 said:
Very sparkly! :sun: Do you recommend stacking them at all? BTW, I've got my own WF version (in a much smaller ct weight) coming soon!
I don't know if I would stack them. I feel like the prongs would rub against each other. They look pretty good stacked though!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Holy cow! Those are fantastic! :love: :love: :love:

I just recently got a bracelet from IDJ, aren't their diamonds just lovely? So much better than you see at an ordinary jewelry store.

What a fabulous gift! If you were my DIL, you'd get a free pass for life with one of those! :D No grandkids? That's fine! Not coming for the holidays? No problem! Whatever you want, I'd be A-okay with it. :bigsmile: I think it was a wise investment in a harmonious future for you! ;-)

Very gorgeous! And congrats to you on your marriage. I wish you every happiness!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
iLander|1388767894|3585553 said:
Holy cow! Those are fantastic! :love: :love: :love:

What a fabulous gift! If you were my DIL, you'd get a free pass for life with one of those! :D No grandkids? That's fine! Not coming for the holidays? No problem! Whatever you want, I'd be A-okay with it. :bigsmile: I think it was a wise investment in a harmonious future for you! ;-)

Very gorgeous! And congrats to you on your marriage. I wish you every happiness!
Thanks! I've been admiring your new bracelet too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. :love: The bangles are simply gorgeous! And I have to agree with iLander. If I were the recipient of such a generous and beautiful gift I would be over the moon and you would not be able to do any wrong in my eyes ever. :bigsmile:

Thoughtful, generous and beautiful. Just like the person who gifted them. :halo:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
They look stunning :love: . Lucky Mammies :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now...I would say those are GORGEOUS diamond bangles.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous bracelet! Your Mom and MIL are lucky ladies indeed! I find it fascinating that in both Jewish and Chinese culture, the #18 is significant! In Judaism, the Hebrew letters for the word "life" (Chai) equal 18, so whenever we give a gift, it's usually in increments of Chai for good luck.....

SMC

Ideal_Rock
yennyfire|1388791360|3585826 said:
Gorgeous bracelet! Your Mom and MIL are lucky ladies indeed! I find it fascinating that in both Jewish and Chinese culture, the #18 is significant! In Judaism, the Hebrew letters for the word "life" (Chai) equal 18, so whenever we give a gift, it's usually in increments of Chai for good luck.....
Oh, that's so interesting. So the number "ten" sounds like "certain" in Cantonese and the number "eight" sounds like "riches" so when you pronounce "18" it sounds like "certain riches". Very auspicious for us!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW :love:

Great job IDJ!!! Those are fabulously GIGANTIC and BLINGY - your mum and MIL must have been thrilled to receive them!! I'm so glad this project went well sortmon :bigsmile: And congrats!!

Phinney is the perfect model :app:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SOOO fabulous!!!! Huge, blingy, a real showstopper! I want one!! (junebug says as she stamps her foot like the brat she is! :D )

And your doggie is beyond adorable! :love:

charleston1

Shiny_Rock
Gorgeous! :love: Your mother and MIL are so lucky to receive these as a gift. The diamonds look huge (well I guess they are!). IDJ is fantastic, and their prices are really hard to beat. My tennis bracelet is from IDJ and I absolutely love it.

Oh and your dog is so sweet :saint:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I love them!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Very beautiful and you are extremely thoughtful.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results