color
clarity

IDJ band finally arrived

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FancyDiamond|1403573679|3699632 said:
diamondseeker2006|1403571505|3699601 said:
FancyDiamond, I am currently having a 2.6mm platinum one made with sapphires and diamonds by Caysie van Bebber. I had recently looked at Singlestone and Beverley K bands in person, and I believe Caysie to have very similar quality but more reasonable pricing. If I really love the sapphire band, I may get a 3mm all diamond band like it. I wanted to try the sapphire and diamond first to compare to the others I had seen. But I have a lot of confidence in the work that she and her bench have been doing! I'll post it once it comes, probably in a couple of weeks!

Sorry for the threadjack, Magpie!
Thanks for the heads up. I shall be looking forward to your thread. I believe we have the same size 5.5 Vatche U113 ring. It would be very helpful to learn from your experience. I am thinking about a 2.5-3mm, 1.5-2ctw all diamond band like the OP's eternity. I may be ordering a size 5.75.

I asked for 2.5-3mm on this one and with the size of the sapphires, it will end up about 2.6mm. I imagine there will be more options for width with diamonds. I told her to size it between 5 5/8 and 5 3/4. So we do have very similar sizes! You will be able to tell a lot about proportions from my pictures. Maybe we need to start a new thread and I can show you the other two I tried on since you and I wear the same size. I will try to start the thread later tonight here in Show Me the Bling.

Thread title: Round and Baguette Eternity Bands

emmebee

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1403571505|3699601 said:
FancyDiamond|1403546061|3699311 said:
emmebee|1403545138|3699299 said:
This is absolutely gorgeous!!

I see the dimensions on IDJ's site are 2mm x 1.5mm - based on the width/height of your other bands, would you say that the 2mm width and 1.5mm height are correct? I want to get myself one of these :) :D

I have the same questions, and I also want one for myself.
What is the total carat weight of the diamonds? I may need something 2.5-3.0mm wide. Do you think it is possible?
How sparkly and bright are the diamonds?

FancyDiamond, I am currently having a 2.6mm platinum one made with sapphires and diamonds by Caysie van Bebber. I had recently looked at Singlestone and Beverley K bands in person, and I believe Caysie to have very similar quality but more reasonable pricing. If I really love the sapphire band, I may get a 3mm all diamond band like it. I wanted to try the sapphire and diamond first to compare to the others I had seen. But I have a lot of confidence in the work that she and her bench have been doing! I'll post it once it comes, probably in a couple of weeks!

Sorry for the threadjack, Magpie!

Hi DS, do you mind sharing what the estimated price difference would be between the IDJ one and the CvB one? I know you are going with a larger one than the OP, but just wondering! Also, was there a reason why you decided to go with CvB over IDJ?

Thanks!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I assumed the IDJ was more the size of the BK and I wanted a larger one that that. The Singlestone bands I tried on were 1.9 and over 2 carats, so I knew the two from IDJ and BK would be too small. The SS bands were insanely priced, though.

Maybe I should start the thread in Show Me the Bling instead so those of us interested can talk about them there. I will call it:

Round and Baguette Eternity Bands

I don't really want to say the price because I think the sapphire bands will vary a lot depending on the size stones,etc., but I will say that it was a fraction of the SS band prices and I think less than the BK as well although I really only priced the .90 BK all diamond band in platinum so I am just thinking the all diamond one will be less.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's FABULOUS!!! Your set is just perfect now. (Except maybe someday you'll need to toss in a little color for some fun...). What a great bday gift!

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Your new band is gorgeous Magpie, absolutely love your whole set. I recently got a couple of quotes from different vendors to have one made. Do you think the long wait is because it's from NY or just with our Customs here in Oz. :wavey:

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
I think the wait time is dependant on the size and whether you want plat ($400 extra, as another poster said) I'm pretty sure they have the white gold, standard sizes available to go in around 2 weeks.

Customs and shipping took less than 1 week.

Re the diamond quality, I'm very satisfied with it for a stacking band, the colour is great and it gives off great flashes of light.

RandG

Brilliant_Rock
Love how these work really well together and alongside your ring, its as though they were made for each other. Really well done!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a spectacular set! =)

crj128

Rough_Rock
Happy Birthday! Beautiful set!! I actually just ordered the same band with sapphires on Monday from IDJ after thinking about it for +\- 1 year, and then I see yours here & am even more excited for it to come in!! ENJOY! :)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your set - each individual piece is beautiful, and the set as a whole looks so well balanced. Congratulations! :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, so I'm a little late to this party, but first of all...

Magpie, your set is ABSOLUTLEY STUNNING!!!! :love: :appl: :love: :appl: :love:

I do have a question -- does IDJ consider this a "special order" (i.e. nonrefundable) item? I'm considering having CvB make an eternity for me sometime in the near future, but I am torn about which style I want and will look best alongside the bezel band I have now... I really don't want to have her to do a custom ring in one style and then wish I'd chosen a another style. I hope that makes sense... :|

I'm not gonna be wearing my original band, as I have given up on getting an eternity version with the same milgrain for the time being -- so I have ordered an eband like it, but without milgrain (in hopes of finding a bench who can add it one day)... :)) ;))

So, after all that babbling, here are my questions... :bigsmile:

Can this IDJ ring be returned?
and
Is it available in quarter sizes as well?

Thanks, ya'll!! :wavey:

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Msop - a couple of months down the line, and I'm still happy with this band.

I think if you get it in plat, it is a special order and I doubt you'd be able to return it. I believe that you could get it in quarter sizes too

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results