shape
carat
color
clarity

Identification Help

mouse65

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I was wanting to see if anyone might have any information concerning the ring in these pictures. It was my grandfather's and has a cat's eye setting in it. I apologize for the poor quality of the photos.

I have searched online and have not found anything like it.
Ring1.jpg Ring2.jpg Ring3.jpg

Thanks,
Jason

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If the stampings are readable, you might be able to confirm the gold content and perhaps the maker, although they are often indistinct due to wearing over time.

mouse65

Rough_Rock
Hi,
Thank you for your suggestion. As you can see in the below picture, it is stamped as 14K, and has a marking that I have not been able to find online.
ring.jpg ring2.jpg

Thanks Again,
Jason

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stamp looks awfully fresh -- did he ever wear it?

Based upon the "make" of the ring, I would guess tiger eye and not chrysoberyl.

mouse65

Rough_Rock
Apparently, by the lack of wear, it looks like he didn't wear it much. It was inherited by my father in 1972, so I can't imagine it being any newer than the 1950's, and possibly from the 1930's or older. After researching the difference between cat's eye and tiger's eye, I would agree that it's almost certainly tiger's eye. I was always drawn to the pattern of the ring, almost a giraffe pattern, and haven't found anything like it.
Thanks!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i really like men's jewlery and even though your grandad didn't wear it much i still love that it was his
have you worn it at all ?
its very striking
i wonder who he inherited it from

mouse65

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I have not worn it much, but I might just have to start wearing it for special occasions.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The makers stamp reminds me of Totem symbolism from the Pacific Northwest. Any chance this ring might be a souvenir from a trip to Alaska or Canada?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results