shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideascope examples / learning exercises?

mizzles

Rough_Rock
Premium
Hello

Can someone point me to some ideascope examples? I'm still having trouble being able to accurately evaluate the images. Sometimes I compare a few images but can't tell which one has the better ideascope (or even aset) images.

Thanks!

Miz

mizzles

Rough_Rock
Premium
Wow thanks for listing all those out. I have already googled and been to about 60% of those links. I've seen the reference charts. I feel stupid because I still can't tell which is the better image sometimes.

For example looking at the following image (taken from beyond4cs.com), I was having trouble telling which was better C or D?

ideascope_comparison.jpg

Or the following one between i and iv?

ideascope_2.jpg

Thanks

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
C is the best one. A perfect idealscope.

A and D look like they were tilted. So I'd have them re-taken. If A was not tilted then it show asymmetrical leakage (unusual) and should be disqualified. If A is retaken and it looks like E then it should be disqualified. D is clearly tilted. But if it's not, the leakage shouldn't be more than B, so it's probably a decent stone.

B is shows a slight amount of leakage that will probably not be visible to the untrained eye.

E has clear leakage.

You would still need to check the numbers of them make sure the crown is above 33.5 on these and the depth is less than 62.4, at a minimum.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
In the second picture:

i) is about hte equivalent to B in the top picture. Not as good as C but not bad at all.

ii) looks tilted or it has asymmetrical leakage, I would disqualify.

iii) clear leakage disqualified.

iv) doesn't show leakage but has something going on, you would want check the numbers on that stone. And probably you would want an ASET on that one.

v) tilted or asymetrical leakage

3Bean

Rough_Rock
I learn more every day. Nice tutorial. :read:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results