shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas to reset pave band stones into new jewelry piece?

newandlearning

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

I've been reading your posts here and they have all been so helpful. It's been a great experience, thank you!

I inherited my grandmother's engagement ring and have reset the center stone into a new e-ring for my girlfriend.

However, I have the band, still, which has pave stones around it. I'd like to reset those stones into some kind of gift for my mother to thank her for the ring and to give her some of the sentimental value. She doesn't wear that much jewelry, just her own wedding band and her grandmother's e-ring. She doesn't like wearing bracelets.

Would you recommend earnings? a pendant? any kind of designs in mind? Has anyone reset pave stones (not a center stone) and had good experiences?

Thank you!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
I wonder if a local jewelry store could help you design something with the stones. You know your mother's style better than us, but what about something like the scatter diamond bands? It could be a ring, a pendant, etc.

http://www.unionstreetgoldsmith.com/pages/necklaces_and_pendants.html has a few examples of pendants (they're like a disc, could be silver or gold, and the diamonds are scattered across randomly) - I'll attach an image of this. You could have the back side engraved with the grandmother's birthdate or something, too. I like these because they can be a statement piece and dressed up or down.

Or a simple band like this: http://www.whiteflash.com/wedding-rings/scattered-diamond-wedding-band-234.htm

p726_blk_dia_z1324_fs.jpg

alamana

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful idea to do this for your mother! :angel:

I would suggest thinking about taking that pave and putting it into another ring that she can stack with her wedding band and/or the grandmother's er she is wearing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results