shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas on restoring this old ring?

Gemjardine

Rough_Rock
0426B66D-4E5C-49E3-8DB2-52138B745BA7.jpeg B0948CD7-70E4-4A3F-B461-BC3814DA8436.jpeg

This is a ring from my grandmother in law- it was intact when I received it as a gift - but after wearing it a few times, one of the green coloured gemstones popped out and I don’t know what to do! (I’m terribly clumsy.)

First question: Any idea what gemstone the green ones are? I think it is jade but I am not sure.

Second question: How would one go about getting the stone replaced? It’s such a small and particular size/shape I doubt a jeweller would have one in stock - and who would bother ordering one to size for me?

Thanks in advance!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't see it too clearly, but it looks like maybe "Maw Sit Sit" jade?

Sagebrush

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Given the image, the green stone could be just about anything; jade, maw sit sit, dyed agate, maybe even chrysoprase. Stones like this are very difficult, almost impossible to match.

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With colored stones it can sometimes be easier to replace all smaller stones than finding an exact color match for one missing stone. Just something to think about as you start your search. If you love another color you may ask your jeweler to search for 1 green or 7 of another color in that shape and size to give you more options.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t think you can find a match but as said earlier you could replace all 7 with something else or even just 3 of them, doing an alternate colour way. I’d also take the ring to a jeweller for a check, just in case any other stones are loose/ prongs bent.

Gemjardine

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your advice! Much appreciated! I didn’t think of replacing all of the stones- something to consider although I do like the colour of them.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results