shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for RHRs

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies,
I was hoping to build some ideas of RHRs or styles that aren't very engagement-y or at least not traditional.
Some ideas I had already come across (and loved) were:
Sofia Kaman's asscher solitaire- I'm having a color change lab sapphire set in something similar in the fall:
SofiaKaman.jpg
From pricescope: Alloamine's twist solitaire
Alloamine.JPG
Cecile Radley's fishtail solitaire:
CecileRadley.jpg

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
Floral:
Alysha Whitfield (etsy) hand carved floral bezel
Alyshawhitfield.jpg
Greenlake's floral ring:
Greenlake.jpg
B2C's petal solitaire:
B2C.jpg
Hunt Jeweler's twisting ring:
18K-white-gold-organic-diamond-engagement-ring.jpg

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, I love these ideas! I am not married so I mostly wear RHRs or middle/index finger rings. All my moissanite rings are RHRs, although they’re solitaires.

Ivy and Rose art-deco inspired filigree in 14K white gold:

20190221_112306.jpg 20190222_080852 (1).jpg

Locally designed bezel ring in 18k yellow gold; I think bezels tend to look less engagement-y as more women lean towards prongs:

08E31AF8-59CB-4FC5-B8F1-66C67A9AF421.jpeg C8198DB9-C8DC-45DE-9F35-966A6E868885.jpeg

Latest ring created by Starsgem. This one I think looks the most like an engagement ring, which wasn’t the intention as my inspiration differed from the actual product. Still nice, although I might change out the head at some point:

C7E3A825-C021-4069-BB51-35D328EA0908.jpeg
D2A699A5-F982-419C-8130-5D76B658F0F5.jpeg
I also think the cut and cushion shape are less commonly found in most traditional engagement rings.

I do want to follow this thread as I have one more moissanite solitaire I plan to get.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i wear rings on all my fingers not just the RH
im not married but my fingers belong to me
and i wouldn't have any diamonds if i was waiting for him to give me one
why should my poor little ring finger feel lonely and left out
so my advice is buy anything you fall in love with for your RH ring and if it looks like an ER who cares - so long as you love it

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I’m right handed (and a klutz) I tend to wear band type or low profile rings only on my right hand.
I will often swap my emerald ring or opal ring in as alternate engagement ring as they are more “delicate” gems. I’ll do the same with my sapphire and diamond ring once it’s set.
Personally I don’t think any ring is or isn’t an “engagement style”, tastes these days are wide and varied.
Buy what style or setting type that you love and that you’ll know you’ll get lots of wear and enjoyment out of. My emerald ring and opal ring are very beautiful but I do have to baby them so they don’t get worn very often..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results