shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for repurposing diamond bracelet?

seechelle456

Rough_Rock
IMG_0891.JPG IMG_0896.JPG My sweet aunt passed away last fall and left me this 14kt YG diamond bracelet. It means a lot that she wanted me to have it, and I would love to keep it as is...but am not at all a fan of yellow gold (it just doesn't compliment my light olive skin). I first considered just getting it plated in white gold, but then thought it might be fun to take the diamonds out and make a ring or two out of those (there are 22 total, I believe...but I have no info on the size or quality of the diamonds). Thoughts? There are no plans to do anything in the immediate future, but I don't want this project to cost a fortune either! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0895.JPG
    IMG_0895.JPG
    134.8 KB · Views: 27

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you wear earrings? That could lend itself nicely to a DBTY style.

Bezel earrings.jpg

seechelle456

Rough_Rock
JPie, I do! That is actually a great idea as I need more earrings and that is a lovely style. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a fantastic idea

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I have an 11 stone channel set ring that I want to update and I was thinking about having something like this made- Gladiator ring by Doryn Wallach - obviously a lot depends on the stone size- but I would love to have an easy to wear (low profile) statement ring like this
Gladiator-Ring-White-600x600.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My idea would be break it into thirds, pair of dangle earrings and the remaining piece set into a short necklace.
And yes, rhodium or white gold plating would work if you prefer that colour. In a necklace / earrings you won’t have the problem of “it wearing off over time” meaning another “replate” wouldn’t be necessary.

seechelle456

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I do like the idea of having a pair of earrings and a matching necklace. :) So many good options to consider!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results