shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for having no ring yet?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Holy

Rough_Rock
I''m eager to propose to her (and so is she) but no ring yet. Just placed order on GOG but it won''t get started until Monday when they can call me and get the details. Any ideas/inputs for proposal without the ring? I''d rather not, but, long story, it''s a timing thing, etc.... There''s nothing like the LIW stories involved here; it''s quite different from that. Not a shotgun thing either in case you''re wondering. Both in our 30s, 1st time for both, ready to go. One thought was an alternate ring, other jewelry, or other gift. I''ll also accept, "Wait for the ring, no matter what, you cad." Take your best shots. Thanks.

laine

Brilliant_Rock
If it will be a short wait, and there is no real reason other than your eagerness, I would wait for the ring to arrive. Personally, I would want the ring, and it seems like thats the first thing people look for when you say you''re engaged. If you don''t wait, I''d still propose all over again when you do get the ring.

Assuming you can''t wait for the ring and really want to propose now, another ring might be nice, like a Claddaugh if either of you are Irish at all. You would have to prepare her not to be expecting the real ring, as a different piece of jewelry could be a let down. You could also just do a heart felt speech or letter with roses/flowers, to let her know how much you want to marry her, and that the official engagement will be coming shortly.

I really would wait for the ring if there is anyway you can.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto. If it''s just eagerness, wait for the real thing. If there''s a bigger reason to do it sooner, I would vote for an alternate piece of jewelry (necklace, bracelet). Congratulations!

diamondhunter10

Shiny_Rock
I know it''s tough but as you know..."Good things come to those who wait"

I agree with the others if the wait is not to long she should be able to understand.

Holy

Rough_Rock
I think you''re all correct here. Eagerness just about covers it all. We can wait. I''m sure we will be glad we did. By Tuesday, I should know when it will be here. Thank you!

LadyLisaMC

Rough_Rock
What if the ring could take 4 to 6 weeks if you ordered from Mark Morrell, leaving your gal less than 4 months to plan the wedding for your eagerly anticipated marriage?

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/14/2006 3:50:44 PM
Author: LadyLisaMC
What if the ring could take 4 to 6 weeks if you ordered from Mark Morrell, leaving your gal less than 4 months to plan the wedding for your eagerly anticipated marriage?

HEE HEE .. why LadyLisaMC ... it seems like you might have a vested interest in the discussion? No?
9.gif

I think you''re underestimating what a FRENZY people will be in to see the ring the moment you announce an engagement! And how not having anything to "show" during the MOST ATTENTION FILLED time might ACTUALLY make ya feel! When you *DO* get the ring ... people won''t be as hyped up to see it & it might be a let down for ya.

Why not start planning now! Or have a *secret* engagment until the ring comes. Or ... if you *must* be officially engaged ASAP ...buy a hysterically GIANT fakie e-ring (think RING POP size) to "show off" just for fun while you explain that the real ring is being custom made until xxx date.
9.gif

I think one gal on here got engaged with a pretty infinity symbol necklace until they found the perfect e-ring. ORRRRRRR what about this ... BUY the WEDDING RING now! Get engaged with THAT until the e-ring is done. Or, maybe you only get the E-ring on your wedding day. How ya like THEM apples LadyLisaMC ...
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

Holy

Rough_Rock
Who is this strange LadyLisaMC person, and why is she hijacking my forum thread?!?
2.gif

LadyLisaMC

Rough_Rock
Decodelighted, I guess you could say you "BUSTED" me. I truly appreciate your response. Holy wants to wait until he has the ring and I don''t blame him. To call us very traditional would be an understatement. I think our values are more akin to Laura and Almanzo Wilder from Little House on the Prairie. While I''m not a teacher, I do work on building schools. And he''s not a farmer but has a dream of planting a pumpkin patch in his backyard. So I''m not the type to get too hyped up in the whole jewelry issue -- I did get sucked in a bit during his extensive research and actual search for the Holy e-ring. The GIA grad at the jeweler''s said he probably knows more about diamonds than she does. He''s an impressive man!!

It''ll be a short engagement -- we''d like to marry sooner rather than later -- after all, we''ve patiently waited years to meet each other. And you''re right -- my friends are already getting excited even though I tell them we''re not officially engaged yet. I remember getting excited for them so it makes your mention of the "Frenzy" understandable. Gotta please the people!
2.gif

I''m looking forward to the proposal. My only request so far: don''t do it while folding laundry!

TCBug

Rough_Rock
I don''t know, Lady Lisa Mc -- there''s something to be said for those laundry engagements! : ) DH and I have friends who got engaged that way. It was socks. . .white socks. She was folding. He was nervous. Because she was already distracted, he had time to compose himself and get down on bended knee. Then, he read his favorite Bible verse to her, and popped the big Q.

Now, I''m not religious (but they are) and I don''t do much laundry (but apparently they do). So, don''t be folding your laundry around Holy. . .or you never know! : )

Seriously -- congratulations and please post your engagement story when the time comes. (I''ve been married almost 20 years, but I LOVE those!)

Holy

Rough_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 80px">Date: 11/14/2006 5:56:36 PM
Author: LadyLisaMC
search for the Holy e-ring.
Hilarious line! Did anybody catch that triple entendre? She's got a quick wit, there.
The ring is ordered; ETA early next week or better! Shhhh....don't tell the Lady Lisa MC! Gotta go surf the "Proposal Ideas" forum now.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results