shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for combining OEC Diamonds and Antique Tourmaline

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
I've had these pieces in my jewelry box for a long time. and find I'm not wearing any of them. I really like the tourmaline in the necklace, but I wouldn't wear the necklace as is. I normally would not take apart an antique piece, but this will be an exception. The OEC diamonds all sparkle and are of good color, but they are not the best quality. There are three diamonds a little over 1 ct each, three approx .75ct and two about .5ct each.

I am looking for some ideas on what could be created using these pieces. Thank you!

IMG_0358.jpg IMG_0390.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you thinking you want a different look in a necklace /earrings/bracelet that you’ll tend to wear more than what you have here already?
Or are you looking for a ring to wear instead?

Pretty pieces you have here to work with!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! Why don’t you like to wear them?

Are you thinking you want a different look in a necklace /earrings/bracelet that you’ll tend to wear more than what you have here already?
Or are you looking for a ring to wear instead?

Pretty pieces you have here to work with!

I'm not sure why I don't wear them! Maybe too much of the same thing.
I am thinking of a different look, and thought that combining some of the diamonds and tourmalines into a new piece would be nice.
I'm open to any jewelry idea !

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you looking for something for everyday wear or more a special occasion piece?

Maybe a dbty using the OECs ending in a lariat made of the tourmalines?

What kind of necklace styles do you already wear and have covered?

Or maybe a bangle with the tourmalines and OECs scattered gypsy set?

So many possibilities!

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Are you looking for something for everyday wear or more a special occasion piece?

Maybe a dbty using the OECs ending in a lariat made of the tourmalines?

What kind of necklace styles do you already wear and have covered?

Or maybe a bangle with the tourmalines and OECs scattered gypsy set?

So many possibilities!

Love your ideas!
I like to wear my necklaces at a "choker" length - so all of my necklaces are very short.
I have several Victorian necklaces, a diamond solitaire, and VCA pendant necklaces.

I get easily annoyed with bracelets - so I know that a bangle wouldn't work for me.

Unfortunately , the necklace does not have two tourmalines that are identical. If it did, I would have definitely tried to create earrings.

ean

Brilliant_Rock
I’m no help here, but I just wanna say I covet those (dangle?) earrings!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Take the two drop tourmalines and make removable asymmetrical dangles for your studs - including some of the individual gold/pearl pretty bits.

Take your other earrings and make a (period inspired) five stone with the cushion tourmaline?
57024C54-F593-46A3-A3A1-BF9D446B0D77.png

A period inspired choker with the remaining two stones?

Paisley2628

Brilliant_Rock
Take the two drop tourmalines and make removable asymmetrical dangles for your studs - including some of the individual gold/pearl pretty bits.

Take your other earrings and make a (period inspired) five stone with the cushion tourmaline?
57024C54-F593-46A3-A3A1-BF9D446B0D77.png

A period inspired choker with the remaining two stones?

I don't know how you did that with moving the diamonds and tourmaline around - but it looks really nice!

I never knew asymmetrical earrings were even a thing!

My favorite shape of the tourmaline is the cushion cut- Is the five stone you created meant to be a ring, or would it be able to be a necklace/bracelet?

Thank you for your wonderful ideas.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know how you did that with moving the diamonds and tourmaline around - but it looks really nice!

I never knew asymmetrical earrings were even a thing!

My favorite shape of the tourmaline is the cushion cut- Is the five stone you created meant to be a ring, or would it be able to be a necklace/bracelet?

Thank you for your wonderful ideas.

She is magic right? Love the diamond dangles but if you aren't wearing them then something new will knock the dust off!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results