shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for Card Box

princessk731

Rough_Rock
I was wondering if anyone could give me some suggestions on unique card boxes for the wedding. We are registered and I have a feeling most gifts will go to the house, but if they don't what are some great ways to create a card box for the gift table?
Thanks in advance ladies!

I went to a resale shop and bought a large antique hat box. The ribbon is old and faded and needs to be replaced. So I plan to replace it with a ribbon that is one of our wedding colors and then use it.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
This etsy seller just made me a box similar to this:

http://www.etsy.com/listing/57297170/small-wood-burned-wedding-gift-card-box

It says it's a card box, but I bought it as a memory box for my engagement/wedding momentos. I changed the quote and had our names and wedding date added underneath the tree. It's quite pretty and would be something you could keep after the wedding.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
We wanted a more modern/unique look for our card box, so we just went looking for neat bowls/vases/decorative accessories. We ended up with the large version of the link below, and liked it because it sort of went with our architecutral themed decor (and also sort of resembled the "Bean" sculpture in Chicago). We put a "dummy card" in it so guests would know that was what it was for and it worked out quite well, not to mention, now we have it displayed on shelving in our condo instead of cluttering up our storage space or otherwise ending up in the garbage!

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/dining-and-entertaining/serving-bowls/missoula-large-bowl/s657304

nkarma

Brilliant_Rock
MagsyMay said:
We wanted a more modern/unique look for our card box, so we just went looking for neat bowls/vases/decorative accessories. We ended up with the large version of the link below, and liked it because it sort of went with our architecutral themed decor (and also sort of resembled the "Bean" sculpture in Chicago). We put a "dummy card" in it so guests would know that was what it was for and it worked out quite well, not to mention, now we have it displayed on shelving in our condo instead of cluttering up our storage space or otherwise ending up in the garbage!

http://www.crateandbarrel.com/dining-and-entertaining/serving-bowls/missoula-large-bowl/s657304

That is a really cute idea Magsy May. I love that it's not typical and also you can resuse it.

I couldn't find anything cute and didn't want to worry too much about the card box, so we just used a basket.

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks nkarma! My hsuband (ahh so weird to say that still, ha!) is a bit of a design junkie, so we almost just used this silver bowl thingy we had in the house, but of course he went and found that one instead. At least like you said it's still in use and not stashed somewhere never to be used/seen again. We did use an existing vase/square jar for holding ceremony programs, so that was nice to not have to buy something new.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results