shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideas for a ruby?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
So, I have a ruby that''s a bit less than 10 x 8. I''m not sure what to do with it. I''m thinking of maybe making a pendant and then having some matching earrings made. Any suggestions? You guys always have such good ideas!

just_looking!

Brilliant_Rock
Sounds gorgeous!! Any pics of said ruby?

What sort of budget are you working to?

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I''ll have to get the camera from my husband to take a picture. I don''t really have a budget in mind - probably in the hundreds rather than the thousands though since this is just fun. I can always do the necklace now and decide about earrings later....

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Here''s a picture. What do you think of a necklace like Matadora''s?

273947-PC240247.JPG.jpg

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2006 4:25:10 PM
Author:sxn675
So, I have a ruby that''s a bit less than 10 x 8. I''m not sure what to do with it. I''m thinking of maybe making a pendant and then having some matching earrings made. Any suggestions? You guys always have such good ideas!
A pendant would be great. Maybe with small diamonds around the ruby. It would make quite a large ring, and (again) placing diamonds around it could make it look even bigger and brighter if that appeals to you. Matching earrings sound nice. Be sure to color-match them with the stone you own.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like Sir John''s idea a lot. Can we get some more pics of your ruby?? Pretty please??
31.gif

lornajs

Rough_Rock
How about mounting the ruby in a pendant with pave diamonds around in a round shape, like shown in this ring? You could make ear-rings the same.

april.jpg

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Here''s another, more streamlined idea. How about setting your pendant as per the ear-rings in the pic (ruby, instead of diamond of course) with the same baguette diamond at the top of the pendant. And ear-rings to match natch!

1E4173-160.jpg

lornajs

Rough_Rock
One last idea... If you don''t want the expense of diamonds, how about this more modern look for your ruby? Would look equally great as pendant and ear-rings. Just a couple of possible ideas.....

1-213-160.jpg

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Here''s 2 more pendant ideas. First one ....

1K263-300.jpg

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Second one ....

1DP477-1-300.jpg

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
I don''t know if this suits your style, but I''m going through an "antique repro" phase. I thought I''d show you what I did with my ruby pendant.

ruby pend1052.GIF

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the ideas you guys! I was originally thinking of making a ring, but I wind up wearing my same rings all the time anyway, so that''s what made me think of this earring/pendant idea. If you see anything cool, do let me know!!!

Thanks!

lornajs

Rough_Rock
This is a very cool design using a ruby (big one!). Probably not something you''d want, but thought it worth posting anyway.

design4b.jpg

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
That is cool!

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Isn''t it! Wayyyyy coooool! Not exactly a conservative choice, but couldn''t fail to notice it! I love good design.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/14/2006 6:52:38 AM
Author: lornajs
Here''s another, more streamlined idea. How about setting your pendant as per the ear-rings in the pic (ruby, instead of diamond of course) with the same baguette diamond at the top of the pendant. And ear-rings to match natch!

I''d like these pear shaped drop earrings you posted made with the diamonds! As was said in a recent Hangout thread, it is true that some of us are never satisfied. I had a list of jewelry I wanted. Once I had everything (or almost everything) on it, I wanted a tennis bracelet and Gurhan gold bangles. Sure I''d thought of them before...but they weren''t on my list! Even if I got a tennis bracelet and Gurhan bangles, I think I''d now want these earrings.

This may sound weird coming from me, but I am not happy that I am never satisfied, that nothing is ever enough. I think material things should be secondary to spiritual things. I think I am experiencing some conflict!!!

Deb

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
I think I know what you mean about never being satisfied. Honestly, I need to take a break from here every now and again so that I don''t get too nuts!

lornajs

Rough_Rock
Your are both right! Things make us HUNGRY, love makes us FULL. That''s the last line in one of my daughter''s books, and it is so true. The more "stuff" we see and buy, the more "stuff" we want. Sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results