shape
carat
color
clarity

ideas and opinions welcome

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
My sister-in-law is getting "married" (she was married last year but this is the church wedding), in August. She showed me pics of the dress last year when we were visiting and I thought the neckline was perfect for a nice princess length white strand.
Turns out, she decided on another dress and sent me pics. This new one doesn''t really allow for any necklace so I decided studs and/or a bracelet would be perfect. However, I can''t make out the color and she said it''s between an ecru and a blue/white which I''m having a tough time picturing.
So my question is, do I stick with white pearls? I''m scared that whatever color I choose won''t match the dress very well. Or do I go with dark, dangly tahitian earrings to contrast the dress?

Btw, she''s a 5"11, brown eyed natural blonde (odd combo), with the exact same figure as the model in the pics. She''s going to be tanned that nice golden color in August, so if i do go tahitian, any particular colors that work better than others for her coloring?

I''ll attach a few pics of the dress.

DSC 1.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
full dress shot

DSC 2.JPG

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I''m thinking this one "may" show the color she was describing a little better?

DSC 4.JPG

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m thinking fancy colored pistachio tahitians or cherry overtones.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Is it a night or day wedding?

Day, I''d wear white. Classic, and no one will be close enough to studs to really see a difference between the studs and the dress.

Night, I''d most likely go to dangly tahitians. It will go great with the gold of her skin.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size range do you want to stay in? The first thing that came to mind as far as tahitians go would be the silvery blue color....to compliment her dress, however, when I think of the color of her eyes, then I would consider a "softer/slight creamy white. o.k. I am no help!! She will be beautiful and will be thrilled with whatever you choose! What a great sis you are!

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
It''s going to be an early afternoon/evening wedding, daylight mostly.

I was thinking about 12mm as I don''t know how she''s going to be wearing her hair, so I''d like them to be noticeable even if she wears it down. She''s also very tall and dainty doesn''t look right on her.

For 12mm and white I''d have to go south sea and I was hoping to keep the price point at no more than $600. (we have too many expenses associated with this wedding. it''s in europe, and between flying out and wedding gifts, i really don''t want to spend more. not being cheap
1.gif
)

So maybe If I can find nice south seas in that size, i can do it. Has anyone seen any pretty dangles that fit that price range? Even studs may work.. I''m still open to tahitians but i don''t like pistachio colored ones at all. Silver/blue may work but if the dress is more of an ecru, they won''t work very well. Maybe I''m just being too anal..

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
For SS at under $600 will be tough, round that is. How about settling for drop/oval shape? Do you have a Costco nearby? My local Costco has a pair around 11.5 to 12mm white oval, dangle with white gold for $675.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2010 11:30:46 AM
Author: HHPmom
For SS at under $600 will be tough, round that is. How about settling for drop/oval shape? Do you have a Costco nearby? My local Costco has a pair around 11.5 to 12mm white oval, dangle with white gold for $675.
No Costco here
8.gif
I haven''t seen any drop or oval without rings and I was hoping to keep them very smooth.

I did find these at FF. They''re both Paspaley, 1st pic is of the 10mm ones, second is 11.3. The 10mm ones look much cleaner but wondering how noticeable the imperfections on the 11.3 would be in normal viewing?

The 3rd pic is how I want them set. In a Fleur de lis design BUT, I would have them sent to WF or BG to do it in pave. Would the the diamonds add enough to make up for the smaller size? I''m even thinking of doing something like this for me too!
11.gif

pp10mm.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
11.3mm

11mmpp.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
the design that i want but in pave diamonds. eta: and no ring that attaches the "V" part. I want the "V" set directly on the pearl in pave.

Attachments

• fleurdl.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 337

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Too bad. These ovals are smooth with no blemishes. Setting pearls side by side, 1mm makes a big difference. But personally, I'd go for 10mm clean. I can't live with earring pearls that have blemishes, unless it's in the back. I was going to suggest FF drill where the blemishes are, but the photo shows more than one on each side.

Can you ask FF to take a photo of both pairs on white background? You can check luster better and see if the size difference is a lot.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
HHP- I just sent her an email asking for a pic of both on a white background. She won''t be drilling them. Going to have another vendor make the earrings. Just thinking that 10mm shouldn''t look too small in that design. At least I hope not...

lulu

Ideal_Rock
No advice, just want to say that dress is gorgeous.

collectingmore

Rough_Rock
Trade
What about Elana''s Papsley South Sea diamond drops? She can put any ss or tahitian on the setting so you could go creamier if you wanted.

My pair are 11.5mm Papsley white drops. The setting has a lot of diamond sparkle not caught in the pics.

pss2.jpg

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got those same settings with Tahtian drops and can also attest that they''re gorgeous and very sparkly. Quite delicate and well made.

Whatever you decide your sis is lucky! It''s hard to go wrong with nice quality pearls for a wedding, no matter what.
1.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 6:11:44 PM
Author: LittleGreyKitten
I''ve got those same settings with Tahtian drops and can also attest that they''re gorgeous and very sparkly. Quite delicate and well made.

Whatever you decide your sis is lucky! It''s hard to go wrong with nice quality pearls for a wedding, no matter what.
1.gif

+1. Its very thoughtful of you to custom design her wedding earrings.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Lulu- ya think? I loved the first dress she chose. This one, hmm.. not loving the top part.

Collecting- Love those earrings, but I guess I''m more comfortable with the diamond vendors I''ve worked with before to make them... dunno yet.

BTW- I would normally never, ever design someone''s wedding jewelry. In this case, she knows I wanted to get her something as she''s not a jewelry person. So when I asked her what she preferred, she said she totally trusted me. Hope she feels the same way once she gets them
1.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results