shape
carat
color
clarity

Idealscope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Yupi

Rough_Rock
I have read a lot about the Idealscope ("IC") on the net. I wonder how often do experts use them to assess the cut? It''s always easy to just look at numbers and form an opinion. But what about using it to match the numbers ? Does the IC always work ? How user friendly is it ?

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bump.

I am too biased to comment.
But i can say we have a return rate less than 1%
1.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I've never thought of the IS as a tool for professionals--although I suppose it could be used that way. The pros are supposed to be paying the big bucks for advanced tools such as Sarin machines and BScopes and such. I think of it as an affordable, portable, and easy to use tool that consumers can use to quickly weed out the good from the bad. *Then* they can get the pros to use those expensive machines of theirs to give them more details.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sent one to our offline jeweler in Aptos...he gets sent stones from his wholesaler and carries a small amount of them in his store. His wholesaler has a Sarin, all the expensive professional tools etc. Jeff relies on his eyes and diamond knowledge from 30 years in the industry to gauge the stones he is sent (along with the GIA or AGS cert etc). So the IS will help him by also letting him view any stones he receives from his wholesaler to really figure out what sorts of stones this guy is sending him! Do they have good light return? He may notice that the majority of them leak alot of light. Then he can effectively crack down and demand better quality. Or he may notice that most of them look really great.

Anyway--thats just one example of how the IS can help the professional jeweler who does not have the expensive tools, but rather is just a B&M who would be like any other B&M if he didn't have the IS to gauge light return.
2.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hest how do you think 'pro's' find stock?

Want to try scanning 100 stones in a parcel on a Sarin or BrillianceScope device so you can pick the eyes out?

Takes hours!!!

What you do is spend 5 seconds a stone with an ideal-scope and then scan the 10 winners. You will never miss one good stone.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1.gif
Mara, we were writting same stuff at different times.

If your guy likes what he sees then he needs to contact me for our retail sales system we are rolling out soon
1.gif

The contact points from www.ideal-scope.com will get thru.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The thing I like about the IdealScope is that it provides a quick and accurate visual assessment of light performance and symmetry.

That's what it all boils down to when your assessing beauty eh? A visual inspection. The IdealScope focuses on the pros and cons of a stones performance in no-nonsense terms that even a layperson can readily see.

In my mind, it is the Great Equalizer for the layperson, and a great aid for the professional. There is no other tool out there someone can buy for $30 (including the calibration cz) that gives so much information. Sure you can spend $6000 for a BrillianceScope, and $20,000 for a Sarin, but in the end everybody (professional and laymen alike) buys based on their visual assessment. The IdealScope image is a "crystallization" of that visual assessment.

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Yupi

The ideal scope works very well for us if we need to look at a large manufactures parcel.

What we do is check each stone from the crown side with the Ideal Scope.

Those that pass we pop over and use a H&A viewer to quickly check symmetry.

The few that are left are then scrutinised in depth for possible purchase

Wayne
Melbourne Diamond Exchange (Australia)

Yupi

Rough_Rock
Wow ! So for a layman like me, it's gonna be a big big return for an investing into one $25 Idealscope !!

So from now on, my bible will be the materials on the net about the Idealscope ?

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I lend mine to the local high-end B&M where they get a big kick looking at their own rings (with some noticeable disapperntment) and their stock. I show them my EightStar or pernt to my arm so they know what "Ideal" means.

Estatdone1.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Garry, I stand corrected. It's great to see the IS being used so widely.

Of course, it does burst my bubble a little. I always thought you pros had magic Superman eyes.
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh Rodentman that is hilarious!!! great idea!
1.gif

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Rodentman
That’s a great Tattoo, and I thought that Gary was the "Cut Nut" Talk about dedication to the cause

rbjd

Shiny_Rock
I don't know Rodentman, that 8star is looking a little out of round.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results