shape
carat
color
clarity

Idealscope shows silver arrows, not black?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Thegroom

Rough_Rock
I think this may have been covered before but I can''t find the original post. When viewing a diamond through my idealscope, the arrows and other "hot spots" appear silver like mirrors, not black. I remember reading about this in another post, but I forgot what the answer was. Could someone explain why I am seeing this and whether it is good or bad or doesn''t matter. Is it the lighting I am using? If so, how can I correct it? Thanks!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Thegroom, this is caused by some reflection of the light from the lens. You can diminish this effect by using diffused light source.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
the light is shining straight into the lens, reflecting off it onto the diamond and back to your eye
1.gif

The best light for the $25 scope is to stick a piece of copy paper onto a desk lamp and use it as a diffuser. Hold the stone and scope a few inches from it
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results