shape
carat
color
clarity

Idealscope question?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Bdoggy

Rough_Rock
I am considering a diamond with these proportions.

7.01x7.04x4.34
1.29carat
Table: 53%
Depth: 61.8%
C. Angle: 33.9
P. Angle: 41.0
Girdle 1.2%

The HCA gives this diamond a rating of 1.2. It is an AGS000 and costs about $7800.

1. Is this a good price?
2. What will this look like under the idealscope? Regardless, how good a cut is this diamond? Is the HCA the end all of cuts, could this actually be a bad diamond, since I can't look at it (it's on the web)?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
nice diamond.

Here is DiamCalc simulation of ideal-scope view.

Note:
This image only can used to demonstrate little leakage for these proportions. In reality it can be a bit different because of the symmetry, each facet size and angles.

HCA penalizes diamonds based on the set of factors including light leakage.

bdoggy.jpg
[/u]

Bdoggy

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much for your response!

Can you explain to me why you thought it was a nice diamond? As far as I can tell, there seem to be significant areas of grey and the tips have a lot of white in them. Isn't this bad?

Please let me know whether you would buy this diamond if you were looking for the best cut you could find.

Thanks

Bdoggy

Rough_Rock
nevermind about my previous question. i read your answer in a different thread. thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results