shape
carat
color
clarity

IdealScope images?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

igot2u

Rough_Rock
Hello again...Thanks to everyone who gave their thoughts and opinions on the diamonds we''ve been looking at. We are 99% sure that we are going to buy this stone (specs below), but would love to have an idealscope and other tests/simulated images done before we finalize the sale.

Thank you!!

1.20 ct
6.78 - 6.87 x 4.19 mm
Depth: 61.4%
Table 56%
Crown: 15.3%
Pavillion: 42.4%
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick, faceted
Culet: None - .6%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Good
Clarity Grade: SI1
Color: H
Fluorescence: None
Comments: Additional clouds are not shown.

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
So are you going to buy this one over the 1.16 G SI 1(Am I right??)??!! Good choice...
I'm sure someone will post the images you've asked for asap!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
The stone's profile racks up some very nice numbers, along with a nice, rich simulated IdealScope image.

A POSSIBLE light return analysis for this stone follows, along with a POSSIBLE simulated IdealScope image.

Light Return Mono…….....Very Good 0.95
Light Return Stereo……….Very Good 0.95
(Non) Leakage Mono……...Very Good to Good 0.93
(Non) Leakage Stereo…….Very Good 1.01
Contrast………….......…....Very Good 1.03
(Non) Fisheye Effect……..Very Good 1.00

-----------
IdealScope- In general, the darker pink areas indicate areas of greater light return, with the lighter pink areas indicating areas of lesser light return. The black areas indicate areas of greater contrast, with the gray areas indicating areas of lesser contrast. The white areas indicate areas of light leakage. A good explanation of the IdealScope image along with examples can be found at https://www.pricescope.com/idealscope_indx.asp

Disclaimer- The facet arrangement and symmetry of the image will probably vary from your actual diamond, which may affect the light performance indicated. The image shown has perfect symmetry, which is rare, and the star facet/lower girdle facet lengths may vary from your diamond. The computer simulation is reproduced best when the actual diamond is being viewed and the image "tweaked" to the appearance of the diamond, or when the Sarin data is downloaded directly into the program. However, this "blind" reproduction should be helpful in indicating the major light performance aspects.
-----------

1.20 RBC- Igot2.jpg

igot2u

Rough_Rock
Thanks Richard for performing the tests. I really appreciate that you took the time to do this. Would this be consisdered and "excellent" or "medium" rating? I see the white at the edges and was wondering if this represents poor light leakage? Am I just worring too much???

Giangi, yes we did choose this stone over the 1.16 G/SI...great memory! We figured since it was bigger (although probably not enough to notice a differnce) and the fact that it was an AGS 0 was enough to persuade us. I thought the cut would make up for the color.

It's going to be a few months before we actually have it set by Leon Mege. The band will have 3 sides of mele (sp?) stones that will go 3/4 away around, leaving the underneath sloid just incase it ever needs to be sized. We haven't designed the head or prongs yet but will very soon.

Thanks again EVERYONE!! I will send pics in a few months!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
-----------
Would this be considered an "excellent" or "medium" rating?
-----------

Hello there Igot2u. On a scale of poor, fair, good, very good, excellent, (with excellent being the "superideals"), I would rank this stone's performance as "very good". Better than your "medium", not quite as good as "excellent".

-----------
I see the white at the edges and was wondering if this represents poor
light leakage?
-----------

No, not at all. "Poor" light leakage usually shows up under the table in the form of a large white ring inside the table, or where all the outer edge facts go light pink or white.

All diamonds leak some light. The white leakage shown on the edge is one of those areas where leakage is pretty persistent, and shows up in most diamonds, except for some of the superideals which have had their minor facets "tweaked" in that area. EightStar is a good example.

-----------
Am I just worring too much???
-----------

Yep. Don't worry, be happy.

igot2u

Rough_Rock
Thanks Richard for clarifying the results! I feel better now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results