shape
carat
color
clarity

Idealscope images just arrived, Expert advice required!!

ItsNotForMe

Rough_Rock
Diamond #1

d1.jpg

Diamond #2
d2.jpg

What do you guys think? Which one would you buy? Which is one is more symmetrical? How do they compare to branded H&A?

Thanks,
D

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hearts and Arrows is patterning. You need to see the hearts and the arrows to evaluate if something is H&A. You have posted idealscope images which evaluate light return. Not patterning. So I have no idea if the stone is a Hearts and Arrows stone. Where they listed as "true hearts" by JA? If they are not, then no they are not Hearts and Arrows stones.

Diamond 2 would be my choice. What did the gemologist's report say? Diamond 1 has more leakage than 2.

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
Just like gypsy said, H&A is very specific although most well cut stones should show "h&a" resemblance... Of the two, stone two should look brighter of the two, but that's just going off of IS images. It also appears to have a larger table; do you like that? Stone one leaks "more" as Gypsy said, but it also seems ok.

what did JA GG say?

ItsNotForMe

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your input Gypsy!! No, they are not True Hearts.

Here are certs:

Diamond #1 http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS1-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1498665.asp $6050.00
Diamond #2 http://www.jamesallen.com/diamonds/G-VS2-Excellent-Cut-Round-Diamond-1501828.asp $5470.00

I dont have the gemologist report yet, I have a phone consulation with the gemologist next Tuesday.

Do you think that these stones will have lots of fire? What about symmetry and patterning?

I thought Diamond #1 is better than Diamond #2 because of its "red contrast" is a bit darker compared to Diamond #2 which is abit more paler. You are right tho, there is more leakage in Diamond #1.

Do you think Diamond #2 is a good buy? My budget was between $6-6.5k.

Thanks,
D

ItsNotForMe

Rough_Rock
TitanCi|1340951701|3225766 said:
Just like gypsy said, H&A is very specific although most well cut stones should show "h&a" resemblance... Of the two, stone two should look brighter of the two, but that's just going off of IS images. It also appears to have a larger table; do you like that? Stone one leaks "more" as Gypsy said, but it also seems ok.

what did JA GG say?

Actually I didn't even consider the size of the table. Are there any disavantages regarding having larger table?

Thanks,
D

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Should be fine. Stone 1 is slightly tilted when the idealscope image is taken, so not giving the best image. The table size is just a slight difference, performance wise, probably slightly less color dispersion but brighter performance due to the shallower crown. Unless you know what to look for, should not be obvious to the general public.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results