shape
carat
color
clarity

IDEALSCOPE IMAGE HELP! URGENT HELP PLEASE!

mikesan420

Rough_Rock
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to the forum and need help reviewing an idealscope image. I have no idea what to look for in this image but have been told that it is a superior stone. I am interested in purchasing this stone and would like to hear some professional opinions on the quality and possible appearance of the stone in question before pulling the trigger. I am purchasing online and have not seen this stone so I am wondering if this is indeed a superior stone with superior brilliance or if it's average at best. Also, based on the given info what should the price on this given stone be? I am trying to avoid getting swindled and would appreciate any help on this purchase. Thank you all in advance and I look forward to reading your responses.

The stone specs are as follow:
GIA CERT
Clarity: VS1
Color: F
Cut: E
Polish: VG
Symmetry: E
Florescence: None
Carat: .88
Girdle: Thin to medium
Measurements: 6.14*6.18*3.79
Depth: 61.6%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 34.5
Pavilion Angle: 41
Cutlet: 0

vs1.jpg

mikesan420

Rough_Rock
Is this stone better than the previous idealscope image?
stone2.jpg

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both are good.

mikesan420

Rough_Rock
Any idea which is better? To me I would say the 2nd is better but the gemologist from the diamond store is saying that the 1st has better light reflection. Can this be true?

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Both look good. Need to make the MarkII Eyeball call I believe. Will you get to compare them in person?

Based on stats and pictures this forum has been wrong before on close calls. It is much more helpful when the stones are vastly different.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
TristanC|1310696478|2969344 said:
Both look good. Need to make the MarkII Eyeball call I believe. Will you get to compare them in person?

Based on stats and pictures this forum has been wrong before on close calls. It is much more helpful when the stones are vastly different.

i'm not sure if there is necessarily a /wrong/ choice on close calls...there is only so much that can be done with the information at hand. both of these diamonds look really nice from the information we have. i would trust the vendor who has them in-hand and can advise.

as far as pricing you can use the PS search function to look for diamonds with similar stats

mikesan420

Rough_Rock
I am purchasing the stones from James Allen and will not be able to see them in person until I buy them. The gemologist said the 1st is the best but why does the idealscope image on the 2nd look so much better? He said that the 2nd image is the worst of my choices. how is this possible if the idealscope image on the 2nd stone has no leakage?

mikesan420

Rough_Rock
The first stone costs $6,720.00 and the 2nd $6,870.00. The second stone is a VS1 G GIA graded stone with the following specs:
Depth: 62.2%
Table: 55.0%
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: Thin to slightly thick
Culet: None
Fluorescence: None
Measurements: 6.17*6.21*3.85
Crown: 35.5
Pavilion: 40.6

What do you guys think? Is this priced high? which is the better buy?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not better. Not much leakage under the table for both. The first image, the stone is slightly tilted I think, image too small to confirm but looks to me like the arrows are not the same length, so that maybe the reason.

The second stone has a steeper crown angle and lower pavilion angle, those generally look slightly less bright than the more balance cut of the first stone but instead has more fire performance. Personal preference.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results