shape
carat
color
clarity

Idealscope image help please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diddy

Rough_Rock
Thoughts? I''m still a newbie. Thank you!

UD109b.jpg

diddy

Rough_Rock

UD109c.jpg

diddy

Rough_Rock

I guess I''m concerned about the big white X in the middle .....

UD109d.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Common princess cut not a high performance one.
An ASET image would tell how bad it really is but the IS rules it out from being a top cut.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
The dark zone that extends all the way around the stone makes the leaky center even worse.
The tilt in this picture is masking it somewhat but the IS shows it going all the way around and you can see parts of it.

UD109d1.jpg

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here it is in the IS extending all the way around the stone.
The entire area the arrows point to.

UD109b11.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good work K!!

Welcome Diddy!

As storm says this is a common/ commercial cut Princess, not the best cut available. Unless you are set on this one you can do better, if you like, give us an idea of budget and your carat, colour and clarity requirements and we could suggest some diamonds which might suit you?

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
What are the stats on the diamond?

Just a great starting point as to how some people look for brilliant princess cut diamonds;
(doesn't apply to all princess cut diamonds, but a higher percentage of good cuts do)

- TABLE = A premium (1A) princess cut diamond should have the table at 68% or smaller (69%-71% can look great too)
- DEPTH = Most good cuts usually have the depth at a higher % then the table (a lot of times around 72-75%)
- Girdle = a Girdle with a large variance (Vthin - Vthick) is usually looked down upon, unlike one that is perfectly even (strait: thin, medium, or slightly thick).
Although it doesn't always effect the diamonds brilliance/fire.
- Clarity = Unless you are picky, choosing a diamond that is SI1-SI2 isn't necessarily a bad think as long as it is eye clean, and it makes a diamond more affordable.
- L/W Ratio = Princess cuts are supposed to be square, so having a diamond with a L/W ratio of 1.1 or higher will make the diamond look rectangle.

diddy

Rough_Rock
THANK YOU!

I declined this one and am still searching. I''m sure I''ll post more images soon for great opinions.

What would I do without PS and the great users!!!!?????

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/31/2009 7:29:36 PM
Author: diddy
THANK YOU!

I declined this one and am still searching. I''m sure I''ll post more images soon for great opinions.

What would I do without PS and the great users!!!!?????
You have made the right decision diddy, and thank you for your very kind words, it is so nice for us to be appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results