shape
carat
color
clarity

Idealscope after purchase, just for curiosity!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A little while back I was discouraged by the wise, as a new member here on pricescope from purchasing a stone with poor dimensions. I shopped around and eventually came across the stone below from JA:

GIA XXX
1.30 GSI2 6.95x6.99x4.32
Table: 57%
Depth: 62%
Crown: 35 15%
Pav: 40.8 43%
StarLength: 45%
Lower half length: 80%
Girdle: 4%
Culet: 0%.

http://www.jamesallen.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut/1.30-carat-g-color-si2-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-528685

I acquired the stone and absolutely loved it, was far better than anything I'd come across in the B&M stores! However as a UK buyer I was constrained for time and had to go ahead without the IS/ASET. Curiosity built up and got the better of me and eventually I got hold of an idealscope and made some attempt to take photos (which was much more difficult than I envisioned!)

To me, I thought they were nice images without any obvious redflags. I would be interested to see what you thought of them (painting/digging/leakage) or whether they're inadequate and need retaking.

Thanks for all your help!

attempt1.jpg

attempt2.jpg

attempt3.jpg

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
bump,

Does anyone have any tips for taking photos with the idealscope with a phone camera?

The ones I had in the first post was a focused light rather than diffuse backlighting. This time I used the laptop screen on fullbrightness on a white background. I've used a bit of tape to stick it on the camera, then used a voice command to take the photo when it is in the right position.

To me it looks like half the diamond looks great, and half of it has some leakage under the table. But would that have a large visual impact? I can't tell all that much looking at the diamond itself..But I haven't seen many super ideals to compare it to.

I'm going to propose very soon (at last) and having some last minute look at the diamond while I still have it! I've found myself so much more into diamonds than I thought I could possibly be after this first purchase and will be quite willing to upgrade to a better performing stone if there would be a visual difference in the future if needs be! (Although I'm probably a little ahead of myself for now)

diamphoto.png

idealscope3.png

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that an idealscope you have or a hearts and arrows viewer? Two different things. The stone looks nice, though!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks DS for your reply.

It's an IS. Managed to get an old school one :)

20151230_181251.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results