shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal vs Hearts and Arrows Cut

dynastyice

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I know there is a difference between a super ideal (hearts and arrows cut) vs a ideal cut. Where the point at the cutlet is 0.

With the hearts and arrows I know that you would see a better brilliance in light than a normal ideal cut. So like at whiteflash comparision.

With these 2 ACA and Expert Selection. When mounted will I see a difference?

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2645115.htm

vs

http://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-2119079.htm

Will these 2 different in brilliance when mounted?

Thanks

dynastyice

Rough_Rock

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I do not think you will see a difference once set, between the aca and the expert selection. Both are excellent choices, and I would go with the .9 expert selection and save the $$ over the ACA in this instance. You are also paying for the VVS clarity rating which is not visible to the naked eye over a VS clarity, and one grade higher in color which will not be noticeable once set.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
with these 2 I would definitely go with the ACA, it is a big savings. As far as whether or not you would see a difference between a 'near H&A' and a 'H&A' that depends and has been debated.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The .9 E expert selection is a LOT more than the .9 F ACA, so this one is almost a no-brainer for me! I'd take the .9 F VS1 ACA!!! (The .81 is smaller than the other two, so it is not a good comparison.)

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
dynastyice|1308081082|2945855 said:
... Where the point at the cutlet is 0. ...

With the hearts and arrows I know that you would see a better brilliance in light than a normal ideal cut. So like at whiteflash comparision.

I am not sure what you mean in the first, the CULET is not really related to H&A or not.

The second statement is also not true. There is some debate about whether H&A affords a noticable difference in optical performance over a non-H&A ideal stone. But I think that a blanket statement that an H&A will be more brilliant/sparkly etc than a non-H&A ideally proportioned stone is false. There are many nuances to cut that affect appearance of a diamond, and when comparing two stones like the ones you linked, those other nuances are more likely to affect the flavour of the appearance of the stones more than the H&A or non-H&A status ofthe diamonds, in my opinion.

wreckem

Rough_Rock
I am not sure what percentage but it quite a few of the Whiteflash's Expert Selections are near H&A in that they don't have perfect hearts If you can find one thats not VVS you could get some savings and still pretty much have H&A with an expert selection(ask for hearts pics). Hell, the one expert selection I was looking at had better hearts than some other online branded H&A stones.

dynastyice

Rough_Rock
As for the diamonds currently stocked at whiteflash. Diamond prices from .8- 1.0 ct has increased. Has anyone notice this? Is this same for global loose diamonds? At least by 1,000 to 2,000 more dollars? Should I wait? Or will it just increase.

Thanks

wreckem

Rough_Rock
Diamond rough prices are going up and up and up. So vendors are having to increase their prices. Whiteflash has gone up several times over the past several months. I am not sure if they have increased again yet but they will likely continue to raise prices as diamond costs continue to skyrocket. There are a couple threads on the forum that discuss this but, I can say the stone I can buy today is much quite a bit smaller than what I could have bought in march for the same budget.

In my opinion the sooner you can buy the better off you will be because the prices are likely to continue to go up and up.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results