shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Symmetry

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TRACKS

Rough_Rock
I have been searching for a great diamond for an engagement ring and was using the following to try to find the correct diamond.

Cut: Ideal Round .75-.80ct (looking for a cut like Tiffany & Co)
Color: D-E
Clarity: VS1 or better
Depth Range: 60-62.8%
Table: 53-57%
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

All was good till I saw this:

“The symmetry on an Ideal cut diamond must be excellent and graded by AGS to get Ideal. GIA does not and has not every graded symmetry in the same way as AGS. It is possible to have a diamond with a good symmetry from GIA and a AGS0 from sarin and what appears to be and are called H&A by some companies and it is also possible that that diamond is very beautiful. If the polish is also good its beauty could be greatly increased if it was Excellent."
dimonbob, GG
www.whiteflash.com

So now I am confused how do I know if the diamond I select with a GIA report has ideal Symmetry?
Damon

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Tracks,

A truly ideal round brilliant consists of many
different factors.

Internal and external symmetry must be optimized,
as well as a harmonious balance of proportions
which are found in the measurements, angles and degrees.

Variances between these measurements should also be minimized throughout the stone in order to produce uniformity and precision.

There are several other things to consider as well,
including polish, girdle thickness and so forth.

In other words,

It's a little more complicated to explain than just a few simple words, but step by step we will help you if you get stuck.

Feel free to ask, there are many experts on this forum
whom will give you great advise, once you start narrowing down your choices.

kirk

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results