shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Scope

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sharon M

Rough_Rock
Hi all, This is my first time posting here. We recently bought and took back a 1.15 ct vs1 round diamond because I could see that it wasn't reflecting light like my .50 vvs1....it was obvious. Lucky for us the store had a decent return policy. I do not want that to happen to us again. I have been reading the message board here and I've learned a lot. I was wondering what the difference is between the prototype Ideal Scope and the production Ideal Scope? Is the Prototype the plastic one or the the metal one I saw in the tutorial?Thanks for your help, I will have lots of questions about diamonds, but I'll try to find as much info as I can so I don't pester you all to death
wink.gif
Thanks for being here, you all do a tremendous service to all of us shoppers! Sharon

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
http://www.ideal-scope.com
is the link that shows the production model.
The whole thing is identical except the prod model has a solid durable plastic pink insert while the prototype was pink card board.
Both perform the visual task identically.
We still have a small quantity of proto's but the solid plastic will last forever.
garry

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Hi Sharon, This is the production model of the ideal-scope with plastic pink insert:
idscope.jpg
The thing in tutorial is the Firescope(tm):
firescope.jpg
They both do the same job showing the light leakage.

Sharon M

Rough_Rock
Thank you both so much for your responses. I can't wait to get to a jeweler's and give it a try. Will most jeweler's know what I am up to using the Ideal-Scope? Thanks again, Sharon
smile.gif

Sharon M

Rough_Rock
Hi Cut Nut, I had a feeling they would be defensive. I also figured I would get a price from them before I use the scope rather than after...just in case I find a good one
smile.gif
I am an optimist.I had such a lousy experience buying a diamond with my husband a month ago.....we took that diamond back (actually he took it back) It was a very high pressure sale with 3 salespeople hovering over us. I found this site just prior to going shopping and when I saw the diamond my husband had on hold, I raced home to see if it looked like the picture of the fish-eye....it did. The sales man really wanted us to buy that diamond. He even offered to polish the girdle as that would eliminate the "shadow"..yeah right... Still, we went back and bought a different diamond from that store...stupid, I know. We should have run as fast as we could. Well, we are way better informed now, and we're going to take our time and find a good diamond this time. The one we bought was GIA 1.15 ct, I, VS1, 60% table, 60.6 depth, good, good, no culet, no flor. I asked what the pavillion angle and crown angle were and was told GIA didn't have those figures. I was shown an Ideal Cut diamond that was supposed to be VVS1, D.....I looked through the loupe and had a rather sick feeling because even my untrained eye knew it wasn't a VVS1 (it was maybe an SI2)...and this diamond was on DISPLAY as an Ideal Cut. I told the salesman, he looked at it and I could see the sinking look in his eyes...the diamond was loaded with inclusions. His remark was....oh, you have a good eye......what he did next haunts me...he said, well, maybe I mixed it up earlier and he took a diamond out that was in a plastic envelope, looked at it for a second and put it in the display! And STILL we bought a diamond from this man! Hard to believe. I don't think my story is that unusual either.Sorry for rambling, but I know you are right. I have read every word on this site, plus I've been to a few others as well (Good Old Gold was very interesting as well). I appreciate all you have done to help educate people like me. For what it's worth, the diamond we bought wasn't terrible, but I made my own Ideal Scope out of a loupe and a red pen cap...you would be surprised at how well my little "science project" performed
smile.gif
There was obvious light leakage around the table area and at the edges. I'm glad I have the real thing now. Thanks again, Sharon

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
99.9% wont have a clue. They also wont know how bad the cut of their diamonds are. They will be defensive.
You could learn more than many jewelry sales people by reading the tutorial here.
Its very sad
frown.gif

garry

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Sharon, this is the story of the hard learning... but now you know more than most of the sales people out there.Please keep us posted on how you'll do with ideal-scope.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results