shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Scope this Diamond & Expert Opinion Needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Meraj

Rough_Rock
I am thinking of this diamond. Experts what do you think? Is this worth buying? If so, what would you pay? Does the "spread" look ok? Also, can someone put thru numbers to see how much light leakage there is via ideal scope without the diamond using these estimates please??? I am worrried abt light leakage!!!

7.65x7.58x4.57
EGL - USA cert
EGL Ideal
1.56 carat
VS1
E
no fluor
58% Table
60.10 Total Depth
31.8 degree or 13.0% crown angle
41.7 degree or 44.30% pavillion angle
.7-1.4% girdle
no culet
VG polish/sym

Thanks a million!

AnnaMagdalena

Rough_Rock
Did you already use HCA? http://www.pricescope.com/cutadviser.asp

If not: The stone scores 2.3 or 3.9 on HCA, depending on whether %'s or angles are used. Total visual performance: "Very good, worth buying if the price is right." Spread scores "excellent", but it only scores "good" on light return, fire, and scintillation. Since you're worried about light leakage, you may want to pass on this one and find a more sparkly stone.

Good luck and keep us posted!
-Anna Magdalena
1.gif

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Make sure you always use the angles folks - they are the real numbers.

This is not a terrible diamond, its light return in some parts is very good, but things to watch are that it leaks a slight 'ring of death' inside the table and the girdle is a litlle thin for the low crown angle.

A stone like this needs only have .03 cts removed from its pavilion and it will come alive.

LR.jpg

Meraj

Rough_Rock
Thank you Cut Nut!!! You are very helpful and I appreciate your taking the time to answer. What is the "ring of death" inside the table? Are you saying it may have a "fish eye" tendency? Can you pls explain further.

"...this needs only have .03 cts removed from its pavilion and it will come alive." Why do you think the cutter didn't do this? Can I buy it and get a cutter to do this? Where would I bring it and what would be the cost?

Is the girdle considered "Thin" all the way around or in certain places? Are you thinking that there is possibility of chipping?

Thanks a million!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I super imposed the window Rich
1.gif

99% of cuttters do not care about beauty, and 70% do not know many ways to arrive at it
sad.gif

The ring of death is the pale IS leakage you can see.
The girdle report is on the HCA report, read it.

mike04456

Brilliant_Rock
----------------
On 6/19/2003 7:30:11 PM Meraj wrote:

"...this needs only have .03 cts removed from its pavilion and it will come alive." Why do you think the cutter didn't do this?
----------------

Simple--weight retention. .03 ct might not seem like a lot, but if the manufacturer is producing thousands of stones a year--as the big Indian firms do--it adds up to a lot of $$$.

Don't waste your time worrying about re-cutting. For the money it would cost, you can just find a much better cut stone. There are thousands out there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results