shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal-scope/Sarin information..Expert please decipher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
You don''t know how much help you guys/girls have already been. I have IS and Sarin information on four diamonds I am currently looking at choosing between. The vendor has indicated that they are all Ideal Cuts for a Princess. I really don''t know what I am looking for in these images that could give me an idea which one would be the better performer. Anything jump out at you or all of them equally good? The clarity for these stones are in the VS range and the color ranges from E-G on these GIA graded stones. One of these stones are way off in the L/W plus table size when compared to its GIA report (didn''t think such would be possible?) I am going to attempt to attach the IS images for the four stones and their Sarin information (already spent over an hr. recropping and trying to attach these, but it keeps creating a fuss
emotion-39.gif

Here goes. Labeled as Diamond #1-4.

Sleep_D1.jpg

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
sarin info for diamond one:

Sleep_D1sarin.jpg

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
Diamond #2''s IS:

Sleep_D2.jpg

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
Sarin for D#2

Sleep_D2sarin.jpg

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
D#3 IS:

Sleep_D3.jpg

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
D#3 sarin:

Sleep_D3sarin.jpg

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
For some reason it will not let me post the fourth diamonds information. I really don''t know if I am doing this right. If you guys/gals can''t see the pictures that I have attached please let me know. And if there is a tutorial on here on how to properly do it, please point me in the right direction. I have tried to figure this out for awhile now.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Sleepdeeprived...

For a casual opinion (i.e., look for more expert input), one, first...and two, second...look pretty good to me.

Hopefully, more opinions will be coming.

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
I believe an admin fixed the images. Much thanks as I was trying to follow the other thread and my images were not wanting to cooperate with me. Thanks for the input Regular guy. I have done some research on Ideal-scope images, but they begin to all look the same to me, hence my eyes are very untrained :) Hopefully, I can get some more input on this the forth diamond I am going to attach now along with its Sarin information. Anything jumps out in the Sarin/IS information that I need to be aware of? Is there too much white/black in the images and not enough red/pink on any of these? I want the stone that I select to talked very loud w/o need to purchase an AGS-0. Sarin info. to follow on the fourth diamond.

Do I have a winner in this bunch or do I continue my search? Thanks in advance

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
Sarin information for diamond #4.

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
Are the experts still eating thanksgiving turkey?
emsmilep.gif

rwvault15

Rough_Rock
I am also not an expert, but here is the link that has my final selection which looks very similar to the first two. I received it on Wednesday and it looks pretty amazing in person. Even more fire than I expected. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/thoughts-on-princess-cut-is-included.72376/

I personally would not like the LW difference in #4, but I''d say #3 is the worst of them all. I think my first choice would be #2 and my second choice would be #1. Check out the following link. While not to be used for your final decision, it gives you an idea of the total "cut grade." http://diamonds.pricescope.com/fnc1.asp

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
My order is 2,1,3 then 4.

I prfer to make buying decisions with ASET than ideal-scope. But these first 2 stones are in the very good catagory for Princess.

2 also has a little safer girdle.

Consider using an independant appraiser

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/25/2007 7:28:36 PM
Author: Garry H (Cut Nut)

I prfer to make buying decisions with ASET than ideal-scope. But these first 2 stones are in the very good catagory for Princess.

Garry,

In your opinion how much of a difference in cut is #2 over #1. The reason I ask is that #1 is a F in color and #2 is a G. I am willing to pay the price difference of $500 to get the F color stone, however I prefer to pick the one that has the most potential for light performance. The vendor couldn''t provide an ASET image of these diamonds, so it looks like I am going to have to make a decision based on actual photos of the diamonds and the IS images provided. She did indicate that since all 4 stones are Ideal Cuts, it is very difficult to pick one over the other. She indicated that it basically comes down to preference in color (2 stones -G in color, 1-E, and 1-F).

If #2 holds only a very very slight lead over #1, then I may choose the F colored stone. I really don''t know what I am suppose to look for in an IS images. I have studied the examples on IS.com, but by no means am I now an expert.

When you say very good category for Princess, is the only other category excellent (which would be AGS-0 graded stones)? Or is there an excellent, then AGS-0 excellent.

Heck, I am so nervous about this purchase.....I can barely type :)

You guys have been a tremendous help thus far.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/28/2007 1:10:59 AM
Author: Sleepdeprived

Garry,

In your opinion how much of a difference in cut is #2 over #1. The reason I ask is that #1 is a F in color and #2 is a G. I am willing to pay the price difference of $500 to get the F color stone, however I prefer to pick the one that has the most potential for light performance. The vendor couldn''t provide an ASET image of these diamonds, so it looks like I am going to have to make a decision based on actual photos of the diamonds and the IS images provided. She did indicate that since all 4 stones are Ideal Cuts, it is very difficult to pick one over the other. She indicated that it basically comes down to preference in color (2 stones -G in color, 1-E, and 1-F). GIA do not give grades on the cut quality or light performance of princess cuts. Be wary of vendors who use terms loosely.

If #2 holds only a very very slight lead over #1, then I may choose the F colored stone. I really don''t know what I am suppose to look for in an IS images. I have studied the examples on IS.com, but by no means am I now an expert.

When you say very good category for Princess, is the only other category excellent (which would be AGS-0 graded stones)? Or is there an excellent, then AGS-0 excellent. Still a matter of opinion. I have seen AGS 2 stones that looked better than AGS 0 - but they were downgraded for Sym or polish. AGS 0 is not an absolute either. bTW you will never get to buy such stones because they will not usually be sold with the AGS 2 paper. What I mean by Very good - is ther better - yes, probably and always - are these as good as it gets - I think if I was sorting thru a dealers goods with my Ideal-scope, I would have a look at all of these with my ASET to make a final selection. 1 or 2 in 10 get that far in my experiance.

I can not help you with the color issue - but can you see the difference between E and G in this size in a ring?
I usually can not

Sleepdeprived

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/28/2007 1:31:24 AM

style="WIDTH: 99.31%; HEIGHT: 520px">Date: 11/28/2007 1:10:59 AM
Author: Sleepdeprived

Garry,

In your opinion how much of a difference in cut is #2 over #1. The reason I ask is that #1 is a F in color and #2 is a G. I am willing to pay the price difference of $500 to get the F color stone, however I prefer to pick the one that has the most potential for light performance. The vendor couldn''t provide an ASET image of these diamonds, so it looks like I am going to have to make a decision based on actual photos of the diamonds and the IS images provided. She did indicate that since all 4 stones are Ideal Cuts, it is very difficult to pick one over the other. She indicated that it basically comes down to preference in color (2 stones -G in color, 1-E, and 1-F). GIA do not give grades on the cut quality or light performance of princess cuts. Be wary of vendors who use terms loosely.

When you say very good category for Princess, is the only other category excellent (which would be AGS-0 graded stones)? Or is there an excellent, then AGS-0 excellent. Still a matter of opinion. I have seen AGS 2 stones that looked better than AGS 0 - but they were downgraded for Sym or polish. AGS 0 is not an absolute either. bTW you will never get to buy such stones because they will not usually be sold with the AGS 2 paper. What I mean by Very good - is ther better - yes, probably and always - are these as good as it gets - I think if I was sorting thru a dealers goods with my Ideal-scope, I would have a look at all of these with my ASET to make a final selection. 1 or 2 in 10 get that far in my experiance. So, you are saying that if you where sorting through 10 diamonds, diamond #1 or #2 would make it by your first test? Then you would base your purchasing decision on the ASET image of the two? What does concern me with Diamond #1 is that the Sarin information shows the table size at 73.6%, while the GIA report shows 71%, yet the depth percentage of 71.2% is the same. Would this be a concern to you? Diamond #2''s specs on the GIA and Sarin are closer (71.5% table on Sarin/72% on GIA....Depth of 72.2 on both GIA and Sarin). Trust me, your opinion is better than mine :). The more I look at diamonds and information on diamonds, the harder it gets for me. I know I will not be quitting my day job after this purchase to go into the diamond industy!

I can not help you with the color issue - but can you see the difference between E and G in this size in a ring?
I usually can not
I can''t tell the difference in color, seeing how it is only $500 more I figure why not spring for it. Of course, my future wife likes the idea of an F over a G. That is assuming that the light performance is somewhat equivalent.

Again, I thank you for your continued help with this purchase!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results