shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Scope question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have an ideal scope and calibration CZ. The calibration CZ is great in showing me what to look for with the ideal scope.

What I can''t figure out is why to the naked eye, the CZ always looks whiter (or maybe it''s brighter?) to me than a diamond. I am not sure what the correct term is. I can''t figure out if this is just the nature of CZ looking different (better?) than a real diamond, or if it is because the CZ is colorless and the diamonds I have looked at are H-I color. I just always end up feeling that I prefer the look of the CZ.

I am not really sure what I should be expecting to see. Should a well cut diamond look as good as a well cut CZ, or is that just not possible?

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, my initial post got deleted.
15.gif

However, after re-reading your post and realizing that you did say you had only looked at H-I stones, I suspect your eyes simply prefer stones in the colorless range. Why don''t you try going to a HOF dealer and ''window shopping'' the D-E-F stones there and see what you think?

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the reply. You folks are so amazing with sharing your knowledge! I really am not sure if it''s the color I''m noticing or if it''s a brightness issue. I wish I had thought to look at colorless stones when I looked at Hearts on Fire diamonds. I will have to try to do that.

Do you think a D color diamond and a D color CZ would look very similar if they are both very well cut?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2009 5:17:13 PM
Author: :)
Ugh, my initial post got deleted.
15.gif

However, after re-reading your post and realizing that you did say you had only looked at H-I stones, I suspect your eyes simply prefer stones in the colorless range. Why don''t you try going to a HOF dealer and ''window shopping'' the D-E-F stones there and see what you think?
My thoughts too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results