shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal scope image, comments please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Skip

Rough_Rock
This is ideal scope image of diamond I am considering purchasing. I would like any comments on what you think about it. It scores a 2.2 on the HCA. Also, the polish is "good" will I be able to tell the difference between excellent and good?

rb1.jpg

cambo

Rough_Rock
Here''s a quote from this site''s tutorial on polish:

Certificates and reports rate the quality of the polish of a diamond. Poorly polished facets reduce a diamonds ability of light to reflect from its facets.

However you or I could not see any difference between diamonds with excellent (X), very good (VG) and good (G) polish. Yet the price difference between X and G is often more than 5%.

While I wouldn''t read this as an explicit recommendation to go one way or another when choosing a diamond, it''s certainly good to know so you can decide for yourself how importantly polish will figure into your purchasing decision.

If you haven''t already, I highly recommend you check out the diamond tutorial on this site. I''m still very much a diamond newbie myself, but the tutorial went a loooong way in helping me on my diamond hunt.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
1. the idea-scope image is very nice.
2. for the benefit of others who like the techy talk - this stone probably has painted upper girdles (good - like 8* and ACA NL) - the opposite of cheated or gouged UG''s (bad). That is hwy we do not have a lot of table partial leakage that you would expect with a 2.2 score. (This is good Skip).
3. Re the polish - The director of AGS lab told me he can not ususally tell the difference with his naked eye. But ask the vendor if it is worth sending to an independant appraiser - if the vendor says "no- waste of my time" then you will have your answer
2.gif

Skip

Rough_Rock
Thanks Gary.

After hearing your response, I am seriously considering purchasing it. I''ll check about the polish and having it sent out to be looked at.

Also, thank you for putting out the tools to help people make informed decisions. If it weren''t for you and this site I would have made 2 big mistakes. First, you showed me the light on MR. Fred C and then your cut adviser saved me from buying a less than perfect AGS 0. The AGS 0 I looked at scored a whopping 4.3. It was a G VS2, this stone scored a 2.2 and is an H VS1 that is $2100 less(same carat weight). I''m sure glad I found this site!

Thanks again for all the help!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Excellent light return and contrast, with what looks to be very good symmetry.

This stone should have an excellent visual presentation, even with the "good" polish.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results