shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Proportions for Flanders Shaped Diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

overflowing

Rough_Rock

Hi,

Does anyone know what are the Ideal Proportions for Flanders Shaped Diamond?

Depth? Table?

Thanks.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Only the maker could tell you this because they never released such information.

It is still possible to inspect the optics of a Flanders, as well as it works for any fancy. The numbers do not tell much about brilliance without a standard from the maker available. Size is there to be compared with other squares, but the rest is quiet for now

2.gif

These stones are sold with BrillianceeScope charts attached, right ?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Be cautious, while these are generally nicely cut diamonds, there is no set standard of cut. I have seen a few with PGS certs and they do a very strange thing by measuring the table across the diagonal instead of the width. This makes the table percentage seem more in the ideal range than it actually would be if it was measured in the conventional manner of any other fancy shape. It is a little game being played between the cutter and the labs that grade the stones. Just don''t assume the numbers have the meaning you would generally apply to the cut of the stone because of this little trick.

I think only good things about the PGS lab located in Chicago, but I fail to understand the gemological reason for the strange measurement. Other than that, the PGS cert is a top shelf document.......

overflowing

Rough_Rock

Thank you David and Ana for your replies. I really appreciate it.

David, thanks for your opinion on PGS ratings also. As I''m in Chicago, all of the Flanders Diamonds that I''ve seen all come with PGS certs. I had thought if I purchased one that I would send it to AGS to certify just to be safe. Some of the Flanders I''ve seen came with "mini certs" which didn''t even have the dimensions, depth, table listed. (Flanders under 1 ct)

Should I ask to have this information before purchasing?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results