shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal oval GCAL report?

equalme

Rough_Rock
I am struggling to find an "IDEAL" cut oval from GCAL that I can compare to others within my budget. The issue is that all the oval GCAL reports that I can find have little to no red in the Optical Symmetry Analysis, whereas when comparing with the AGS or ASET images most literally light up red and green. Is the image#2 BE diamond really THAT bad of a cut to have so much white in the optical symmetry? Which means TONS of light leakage? When looking at image#3 Chart, there is quite a bit a white even for the Excellent - Strong cut.

So here is a couple I researched but am trying to figure out of the images are even comparable:

1. August Vintage diamond:
1585309349597.png

2. Random BE diamond
timthumb.php

3. Comparison chart
ovalasets.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is worth noting that the GCAL images are different to the ASETscope images and cannot be directly compared.

The GCAL images can be easily compared between each other, which is useful if picking from options in MMD, but it is hard to relate them to ASETscope imaging.

That said, most 'classic' ovals (such as No.2 above) do exhibit a lot of leakage in ASET/GCAL outside of the central band of facets. You can see the difference in the No.1 stone from Rhino - his stones are designed for improved light performance, which is why they do so well in ASETscope imaging (and in real life!)

I'm pretty sure there are some videos on youtube of the Elyque ovals vs classic ovals, which could be worth a look :)

equalme

Rough_Rock
@OoohShiny How would you rate that No.2 BE diamond?

thanks!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't get the BE site to work for me :(

It gets to the Cookies overlay that blanks out the page behind it, but there are no buttons to press to get rid of it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That #2 stone does not have very good light return. It came up for me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results