shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal (or not)?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

guest23

Rough_Rock
I am planning to purchase a diamond.

GIA certified F/VS2
1.62 Carat
62.2 Depth
55 Table.
No Cutlet
Polish VG, Symmetry VG

I asked the store to give me the proportions.
Pavil angle 41.3, depth 43.4
Crown angle 33.9, height 15.0
Girdle is Med-Sl thck.
The proportions meet ACS Grade 0 but I put the numbers into HCA and it came out a score of 3.1?! How can a diamond with ACS proportions of 0 do so poorly in HCA? Should I move on to another diamond?

rsilvers

Shiny_Rock
It happens -- there is not always great overlap. To cover all bases, I bought an AGS000 stone with a sub-1.0 HCA as my requirement. It was not the way to get the lowest price, but for an engagement ring I decided to just get the best, not the most for my money, and limit myself to 1.1 carats to keep it affordable.

Or maybe your measurements are not correct. How did the store get them? Did they use a Sarin, or an optical reticle in a gemscope? Assuming they are correct, I would move on to another stone unless the price was really good because chances are there are plenty of stones that are the same price with a better HCA score. I would rather pay a low price for an AGS 2 stone that got a great HCA, than a high price for an AGS 0 stone that got a so-so HCA.

guest23

Rough_Rock
The proportions were measured by Megascope from OGI Systems.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
----------------
The proportions meet ACS Grade 0 but I put the numbers into HCA and it came out a score of 3.1?! How can a diamond with ACS proportions of 0 do so poorly in HCA? Should I move on to another diamond?
----------------

)
[/u]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results