shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal mm for 2 carat princess cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

thecommish18

Rough_Rock
I want to know what the experts think on the ideal measurements for a 2 carat princess cut. I want this to be based, not solely on light reflection, but on the appearance of the stone. I am thinking L:W should be around 6.90 mm and depth around 4.90 mm. What do the PSers think?
THANKS!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
7.1 x 7.1 x 4.7 would be just under 2 carats with a 66% depth. There is NO set of ideal width and depth measurements, but the ones you gave and these are not far from where people ought to look. Your measures were 71% depth. Depth makes a diffreence in visual size.

Depth is not the only factor, but it is an important one.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/1/2009 12:43:35 PM
Author:thecommish18
I want to know what the experts think on the ideal measurements for a 2 carat princess cut. I want this to be based, not solely on light reflection, but on the appearance of the stone. I am thinking L:W should be around 6.90 mm and depth around 4.90 mm. What do the PSers think?
THANKS!
You might find this article very useful on the matter of depth in Princess cuts.

http://journal.pricescope.com/Articles/21/1/The-matter-of-depth-in-a-princess-cut.aspx

JasonFaber

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/1/2009 12:43:35 PM
Author:thecommish18
THANKS!
What do you mean by appearance of the stone? There are no set dimensions for fancy cut diamonds, there are only recommended AGA percentage guidlines stated HERE. There are just so many variables determined by the cutters decision, that the only IDEAL measurements are the ones that looks great under an Aset-scope, whatever that maybe.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Keep in mind that some of the best performing princesses out there have greater depths and may face up a tad smaller because of that. AGS ideal cut princesses often have depths of 74-78%.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results