shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Measurements for Round Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

esguy27

Shiny_Rock
Can somebody tell me what the ideal proportions/measurements are for a Round diamond? Meaning, what would you consider to be the ideal measurement or angle for the:

depth:
table:
girdle:
crown:
pavillion:
cutlet:

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can get the tradional range of round diamond parameters on my website. However, the tides of change are coming in. The definition of ideal is being re-written to encompass diamonds of the greatest beauty (light performance) and no longer based on some simple cut measurements. Some new systems measure directly and others use complex measurement to predict performance. From the consumer's point of view, at the present time, they all work to varying degree and improve on what came before. In a few months or a year, we will all know a lot more.

Not every technology or system gives identical results, but no one has blasted any of them as being worthless or useless.

jeffsentra

Rough_Rock
Howdy Oldminer,
Thanks for the update on this new system... is it going to require a new machine that grades the diamond or will it use current data that is available to the consumer? Do you know what sort of calculation it is?

Thanks!
Jeff

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The new grading system does rely upon technology and devices that the regular retailer, diamond vendor, or appraiser probably won''t have access to. However, they will have many viable alternative methods. Some of these methods may prove quite useful and sound, but there will be some systems created and sold that are questionable in accuracy, repeatability or meaningfulness.

Eventually, new standards will arise from the present confusion, and we''ll be better able to communicate the quality and beauty of diamonds to consumers as well as from dealer to dealer.

Those who have no interest in this vast change will probably operate on the fringes for a number of years anyway. The majority will move toward the changes as the market begins to demand more and better information. Right now, the move is gradual. Soon, it will gain some momentum.

People who know a lot more about the adoption of new technology are advising me of how these things come about. I have no first hand experience myself, but I think and work in this new field every day, so I am learning, too.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results