shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal guidelines for a Flanders?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
I have the site with the ideal princess guidelines listed. I want to get a square diamond and honestly, of everything I've seen, the Dream diamond has been what -I- like best. I am not at all enthused about paying the high price of the Dream though, so I am looking at Flanders to see if I could find a nonbranded Flanders with the "ideal" specs. I've checked out goodoldgold, and they had a knockout Flanders on their site, but I found the price to be about analogous to the Dreams and they didn't have any Flanders in stock anyway.

Does anyone know what the numbers would be for an ideal-cut Flanders? Or is this something that has yet to be established?

I've looked at tons of diamonds online now (been looking for weeks) and a large number of them in person, but it is very hard to find ideal cuts in fancy shapes, I am finding. Even the Blue Nile signature ideals list polish and symmetry at only "excellent" and "very good," with extreme difficulty in finding double excellents.

I spose I might be stuck with paying the Dream price, because I don't want to compromise on the cut of my diamond.

Any thoughts, anyone?

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
I did see the Dream under idealscope, but it was before I really knew what to look for. I'd like to look at it again, now that I am more aware. I keep meaning to order one of them, but not getting around to it. Maybe today.

The shape of the Lucere looks much like a Flanders, but I have found that they just don't have the white light return and scintillation that I want to have. Of those that I've seen, they just don't perform as well as a Flanders. Also, I haven't been able to find any Luceres that rate better than "very good" on polish and symmetry. Anyone know of a site with pictures of Luceres that rate better, or is that just the way they are?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Flanders stones can perform just about as well as round ideal cuts.... They can look excellent.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi bingbongbug,

I appreciate the reference to our site and the beauties we carry but one thing I do not understand was this statement.

"I've checked out goodoldgold, and they had a knockout Flanders on their site, but I found the price to be about analogous to the Dreams..."

The price to be analogous to the Dreams? This comparison was drawn in another thread here on dt.

http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14428

I've went to the HoF website and notice that prices are no longer posted but I have to ask in all fairness... how can you say my prices are analogous to the Dreams when they are around double the price of what I charge?

If you would like our assistance in helping you locate and analyse any stone we would be more than happy to assist you bing. Hope to be of help.

Curious,
Rhino

bingbongbug

Rough_Rock
Hi, Rhino, I'm glad you wrote because I did misspeak. (That's what ya get for writing at work, you don't say quite what you mean.)

What I -meant- to say was that the square-cuts you had on your site were mostly larger than I was looking for, and therefore higher in price, more in line with the smaller size of Dreams that I saw. So it wasn't an "apples to apples" comparison. Indeed, the Dreams are much higher than your prices, when comparing same qualities and sizes. I didn't mean to imply that your prices are overinflated like the Dream and am sorry for the misspeak.

You do have a Flanders on your site in the aducational diamonds section that I love, and indeed I did write you a couple days ago about finding a diamond in my search perameters. So I look forward to hearing from you, and again, sorry for the misspeak!

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
NO problem bingbong.

Matter of fact I just had the new inventory sent to me today. Since I don't think your email is bingbongbug I don't quite know if it's been you I've been speaking with but there are alot of 3/4's that are available now. I may be calling some in soon for analysis too. Look forward to being of help.

Peace,
Rhino

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results