shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal Cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luvrocs

Rough_Rock
I've been doing tons of reseach but the one thing that I am still uncertain of is Ideal Cut. Different sources quote different table sizes. The most common ideal tables I've seen are:ideal - 53-58%
53-57.5%
53-57%
Which is the exact cutoff? I thought it was 57%.

luvrocs

Rough_Rock
Thank's A Million!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Luvrocs, you're right there are several grading system with a different *Ideal* table ranges for rounds:Tolkowsky - 53%
AGS 0 - 52.4% - 57.5%
AGA 1A - 53-59% for less than 0.49 carat and 53-58% for > 0.49 caratGarry Holloway system gives penalties for the table size larger than 58%So I guess if you are staying within 54-58% you'll be fine

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
luvrocs,Did you take some time to read the tutorial here? You will gain a new perspective on how to find a beautiful diamond. The table percentage alone is not enough to guarantee beauty.
Give it a try.
smile.gif
lawmax

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey L, why an I?
that is like buying a sports car with a 100 cubic inch motor?
The debate about colour and cut that you may have heard? It says if the cut is great you wont see the colour?
Well guess what, you only see colour from a side on view and there is not that much difference between the quality of different cuts from the side view!
My experiance (25 years selling well cut stones for 15 years) is 80% of people can pick I colour with no training, and 50% can pick H.
If you want an eye clean, ideal stone then why would you want a dirty colour? It makes more sense to save a lot more money and buy a D,E,F colour I1 or SI3
Garry

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi luvrocs,Goodoldgold is definitely worth the trip and it's so close for you.You don't need appointments but I would make one. Ask for Jonathan.Keep us posted,lawmax
smile.gif

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
You're welcome. How's the shopping going?

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Luvrock, I only know Jonathan, Long Island, NY, www.goodoldgold.com . He is a great guy and gives exceptional education and services. He might not be the cheapest but worth every penny.What grades are you looking for?

luvrocs

Rough_Rock
Leonid, I am looking for a round brillant 2.20-2.25,
I-color vs2-SI1 (only if the inclusions are not visible), and a very good - excellent cut.

luvrocs

Rough_Rock
SLOW... Unfortunately, I am waiting on going to meet with independent wholesale dealer. I don't have all the details yet (he is a friend of a friend). I've decided to stay away from the diamond district. Do you have any reliable stores you can suggest where I can get a fair price? I've looked at all the diamond websites but I never get a wide variety back for what I am looking for, or I feel that the price is high.

luvrocs

Rough_Rock
Leonid, I just checked out the site www.goodoldgold. It's amazing! I guess I'll have to go there. Do I need an appointment?Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results