shape
carat
color
clarity

''Ideal cut''

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PuddyKat

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,
I've been reading up on tips on buying diamonds and I read that 'an ideal cut' is a cut above all others. So, on a GIA report, where would that appear? On the sample GIA reports on the net, i don't see the word 'ideal' anywhere. would it be the polish and symmetry that the word 'ideal' would appear?
Please advise! My boyfriend and I are hoping to buy a diamond in the next few weeks!! :))
Puddykat in Vancouver, Canada

scaasi

Rough_Rock
Hi PuddyKat,

The GIA would not label a diamond as an Ideal-cut!
The best you will find would be diamonds with Ideal-cut proportions, then Excellent for Polish and Symmetry. This, however, does not mean that the Crown and Pavilion angels are in the Ideal range!!!

I would recommend going with a diamond certified by AGS as Triple Ideal (the AGS is the only reputable lab that certifies Ideal diamonds as such and rate them for their porportions which the GIA won't!), Ideal for polish, Ideal for Symmetry and Ideal for Proportions!

scaasi
:wavey:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results