shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal cut H&A lab diamond melee: easy to source? Takara diamonds?

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I've had a jewelry project in mind for a while now but what has stopped me is not knowing how or where to request high quality ideal cut H&A lab diamond melee.

I'd would be grateful for any leads or vendor recommendations. Thank you. ❤

Last edited:

SparkleMax

Rough_Rock
JP will do Decagon melee down to .1ct so would almost certainly sell standard 57 facet SIC round melee at that size as well. There is a minimum size they will sell loose stones though so there's that.

Facebook ad/post by them -

"
Match your Super Ideal Cut diamond with our JP Signature melees.

Each of them are individually handpicked to be 57 facets, 8 Hearts & Arrows, D-F, VVS-VS. These melee diamonds are cut to have maximum light performance with extraordinary brilliance."

1701640087943.png

0515vision

Brilliant_Rock
Just fyi - I asked JP about buying melee from them. I considered making a set of tiny tiny studs. They were willing to sell two melee stones to me for that specific project bc I was already making another purchase, but they said that they do not sell their melee. I didn't go through with the teeny studs.

You can always try.

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
JP will do Decagon melee down to .1ct so would almost certainly sell standard 57 facet SIC round melee at that size as well. There is a minimum size they will sell loose stones though so there's that.

Facebook ad/post by them -

"
Match your Super Ideal Cut diamond with our JP Signature melees.

Each of them are individually handpicked to be 57 facets, 8 Hearts & Arrows, D-F, VVS-VS. These melee diamonds are cut to have maximum light performance with extraordinary brilliance."

1701640087943.png

Nice! Thank you. I was thinking of having an eternity bracelet made with one of the patented JP cuts in the center. I'm glad that they have the stock but I'm not sure how they would feel about doing a whole bracelet. I'm going to ask them.

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Just fyi - I asked JP about buying melee from them. I considered making a set of tiny tiny studs. They were willing to sell two melee stones to me for that specific project bc I was already making another purchase, but they said that they do not sell their melee. I didn't go through with the teeny studs.

You can always try.

That's what I was unsure about. I remember seeing a post a while back about someone asking JP whether they are able to make a Decagon tennis bracelet and I think they said no. =(

I will be purchasing a larger stone from them for this project so I wonder if they will be amenable. I shall try and make an inquiry.

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock
That's what I was unsure about. I remember seeing a post a while back about someone asking JP whether they are able to make a Decagon tennis bracelet and I think they said no. =(

I will be purchasing a larger stone from them for this project so I wonder if they will be amenable. I shall try and make an inquiry.

I asked them a few months ago and they said yes to a bracelet with lab decagon melee.
Post in thread 'JannPaul lab bracelet-worth it?'
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/jannpaul-lab-bracelet-worth-it.277156/post-5216336

mayaINaU

Brilliant_Rock

They told me yes! But I ended up going with IDJ due to cost.

cardinalsfan

Rough_Rock
Following this thread! Does anyone have a source within the USA?

Alybird

Shiny_Rock
Following this thread! Does anyone have a source within the USA?

My natural tennis bracelet is made from Grunberger H&A melee but they do not cut lab diamonds. =/

Similarly, Whiteflash & Brian Gavin (ACA and Signature respectively) also do not offer ideal cut lab melees at this time. If they did, I would hands down be interested.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results