shape
carat
color
clarity

Ideal cut H&A, 1.02 read on please :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Audi_Fanatic

Rough_Rock
ok to recap thus far lol Ideal cut H&A, 1.02 ct i THINK it was I color and si1 clarity would u chose that or 1.06 ct H color VS2 clarity...? with the setting all said and done, the Ideal cut one comes to 100 more then the other one..and the other was a very good cut too though..

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock

I am no expert.

I would do the following.See if your H colored stone is a high or low H.Is the H color stone close to I (i.e., low)?When the H colored stone is placed between a reference H and I CZ, does it look closer to the I?

If so, I would get the I because the cut (ideal and H&A) may result in a more brilliant diamond overall, thus negating the slightly strong yellow hue.However, you should consult the experts and get the crown and pavilion angles and depth percentages to make a more informed decision.

Also, it nice to be able to say its a H&A (for only 100 more)./www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

Good luck!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hm... H-VS2 is 'bigger' and better in both color and clarity, so what kind of choice is this? A branded cut (and H&A ia kinda' loose, abused brand name) doesnot guarantee all that much. Could you post links to these stones to let us see more details about your choices? And, if you indicate a color, clarity and either size or price range, you could collect a few suggestions (examples of stones) from around here too... by the next day or so. This is how it works sometimes... At least I'll give it a shut.

in_need_of_help

Shiny_Rock

I guess you should also check to see if the I colored stone is high or low.Being closer to J may change the argument.

/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>/www.pricescope.com/idealbb/images/smilies/3.gif[/img]>

People say that cut is the most important variable, then color.

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Provided that they are both cut equally well, I'd go with the H VS2.
1.gif

Audi_Fanatic

Rough_Rock
hey thanks everyone..actually found those 2 diamonds at a jeweler near me... if someone could help me find a diamond that be great....most i wanna spend is like $5,000 so find me a diamond not in NY (no tax hehe)...would like 1 ct other then that of course i want the best for my money...just found this one on white flash.com..price $4985 is there big diff b/w .89 ct and 1 ct? or just in price and not size

Report:
AGS

Shape:
A Cut Above H&A

Carat:

Color:
H

Clarity:
VS2

Depth:

Table:

Crown Angle:

Crown %:

Pavilion Angle:

Pavilion %:

Girdle:
Faceted 1.0% to 1.6%

Polish:
Ideal

Symmetry:
Ideal

Culet:
Pointed

Fluorescence:
Negligible

Measurements:
6.28-6.31X3.81

canadiangrrl

Brilliant_Rock
You've already checked out Whiteflash, you might also wish to check out Dirt Cheap Diamonds and NiceIce, neither of whom are located in NY.

That looks like a very nice stone, but if you want a carat, you can get to that mark with your stated budget. My advice would be to drop the clarity to at least SI1 - clarity costs more than colour.

Audi_Fanatic

Rough_Rock
how is goodoldgold.com? yeah im all over the place looking
1.gif
here is a link to diamond i found on that site hows that? http://www.goodoldgold.com/0_921ct_h_vs2_h%26a.htm

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You really go through the facts fast!

The stone is good, actually GOG does pick an choose the best. This means that even the stones which do not hit the top on its high tech toys are still way better than what you might ordinarily find. I still have to check that price...
In the meantime: how about WWW

After all, whatever GOG does not certify and calculates about a diamond, probably does not exist!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok... why not run a search (Pricescope, page 1) for G, VS2, 0.9 to 1.5cts, H&A (nice, if you want) and say 4500-5000 price. You'll have the screen full, and surely there will be opportunities to get those light return stats (Whiteflash does them, perhaps others too). I donät know who else uses ISEE2 aside GOG, but once those H&A a are there and there is great light return, in a 1 ct, one may wander how important that certitude of perfection is worse on top of excellence! Ok, let me browse a bit.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ONE

TWO

THREE

FOUR

And no more fancy words about the cut...

FIVE

Hm... I could keep at it until tomorrow! What is your priority OR most important constraint? This is just one seller... there are quite a few out there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results