shape
carat
color
clarity

IDEAL 1/3ct diamond cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mastercut

Shiny_Rock
Hello friends,
could you give an advice please? I would like to purchase an ideal cut 1/3 ct. stone. What are ABSOLUTELY THE BEST (theoreticaly ideal) proportions for the stone of this size to rich the highest possible brilliance?
Thank you very much!

Warm regards,
Ivan

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ivan,

Well you can approach this by looking at AGS0 cut grade diamonds or use the Holloway Cut Advisor with some GIA Excellents - see which score below 2 to see which are the best to concentrate on. Apart from that with performance characteristis and nuances, what is the ' best' is subjective. What is beautiful to one person might not be to the other so look at and compare as many diamonds as possible so you know what YOU find beautiful.

I would suggest you check out some AGS0 in person if there is a Jareds near you ( The Peerless brand) or Hearts on Fire if there is a dealer in the area. That way you are comparing well cut diamonds.

John P

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Ivan,

Crown and pavilion angle dynamics are the same for rounds in all sizes. If you find a central PA between 40.6 - 41.0, pair it with an avg CA between 34.0 - 35.0. If the PA is closer to 40.6 a slightly steeper CA is ok. If the PA is closer to 41.0 a slightly shallower CA is ok. If you''re looking for fire in these small stones keep tables around 54-58%. If you want a greater balance of white and less color in the flashes, tables of 59-61% will achieve it better. Lower halves between 75-85% (I prefer 80-85 with 40.6 PA).

Many diamonds in this size range are not accompanied by grading reports (which add cost). If that''s the case you will need to find a dealer who has a 3D scanner to determine avg PA/CA measurements. Or use a handheld ASET or Ideal-Scope - great for sorting such sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results