shape
carat
color
clarity

Idea on price of morganite

Gemstones20

Rough_Rock
Hello all

I'm new here I collect gemstones and was wondering if anyone could give me a idea of the value of this morganite and , what are the prices per carat for morganite where you are based also? The stone is a 6ct if unheated morganite in a pear cut I also have a video link below, any comments on the stone I would be interested

Thanks in advance

IMG_20200220_142656.jpg IMG_20200220_142703.jpg IMG_20200220_142709.jpg

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I have a step cut morganite that's 10x8, I think half the ct weight of yours, that I was able to snag off Etsy for $250. For one of the size and cut of yours, I'd pay no more than $250/ct or $1500 in total.

Not an expert on morganite or anything though, just my guess. I actually don't find myself wearing the morganite very often because of tilt windows, which are generally in every morganite.

Gemstones20

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply, I have already purchased it and was thinking of selling this stone, or maybe set in a ring and sell.

I had read somewhere that the price had risen in the past few months and I see this reflected on some online websites.

If I got the price you said for it I would accept, but open to offers. Are you allowed to advertise stones on these forums?

voce

Ideal_Rock
No, this is a consumer forum only, and you sound like you're reselling it. Please read the rules of the forums before posting.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your reply, I have already purchased it and was thinking of selling this stone, or maybe set in a ring and sell.

I had read somewhere that the price had risen in the past few months and I see this reflected on some online websites.

If I got the price you said for it I would accept, but open to offers. Are you allowed to advertise stones on these forums?

You will not get that price reselling the stone.

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock
A lot of the morganite out there is lab-created. Unless you have a credible lab report or bought the stone from a highly reputable seller, there's no way to really know for sure. Lab-created morganite is basically worthless.

Gemstones20

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the help guys and gals, all a learning curve

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results