shape
carat
color
clarity

Idaho Opal

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Hi all
35.gif

I have recently become interested in Opals and found this lovely, haven't purchased it yet-but have been thinking it would make a nice pendant(8ct-so pretty large). Do those of you that own faceted opal jewelry pieces find them to be suitable for occasional wear? Do the stones require much up keep?

Idaho Opal.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2009 4:23:25 PM
Author:stepcutnut
Hi all
35.gif

I have recently become interested in Opals and found this lovely, haven''t purchased it yet-but have been thinking it would make a nice pendant(8ct-so pretty large). Do those of you that own faceted opal jewelry pieces find them to be suitable for occasional wear? Do the stones require much up keep?
SCN
I love the color on that one!! An 8 carat opal will be huge, it might look like a 16 carat something else since they''re SG is so low.

The only faceted opals I have are in gem cases, or the ring I gave my daughter, so not much help to you.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That''s a bright and vivid opal. Yes, it would make a lovely pendant. They don''t require much upkeep, just gentle handling - an occasional wipe down with soapy water and pat dry should keep it looking its best.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Hi all
35.gif

I have recently become interested in Opals and found this lovely, haven''t purchased it yet-but have been thinking it would make a nice pendant(8ct-so pretty large). Do those of you that own faceted opal jewelry pieces find them to be suitable for occasional wear? Do the stones require much up keep?
Whoa! I say do it! That''s an attention getting stone for sure!
10.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I love the color!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love that color too. It is gorgeous!!!!!!!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks like a show stopper there. Love the bright color!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 6:32:01 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Hi all
35.gif

SCN

I love the color on that one!! An 8 carat opal will be huge, it might look like a 16 carat something else since they''re SG is so low.

The only faceted opals I have are in gem cases, or the ring I gave my daughter, so not much help to you.
Thanks TL-it is bright, am told less green than the photo and almost fluorescent. It is about 16x13mm, so it is large-but I love chunky /pendants/necklaces and I am sure it would have a beaded necklace not a whimpy thin chain to balance it out. Just need to decide what stones would co best with the opal!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 7:29:25 PM
Author: Chrono
That''s a bright and vivid opal. Yes, it would make a lovely pendant. They don''t require much upkeep, just gentle handling - an occasional wipe down with soapy water and pat dry should keep it looking its best.
Thanks for the info Chrono :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 9:32:51 PM
Author: brandy_z28

Hi all
35.gif

Whoa! I say do it! That''s an attention getting stone for sure!
10.gif
Thanks brandy, you enabler
2.gif

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2009 11:17:34 PM
Author: mochi
Oh, I love the color!!
Thanks Mochi-maybe a little bright for some, but I can envision it worn with a lovely dark color suit or cocktail dress :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 1:17:49 AM
Author: Linda W
I love that color too. It is gorgeous!!!!!!!
Thanks Linda-I am glad you approve of the color, you have such fantastic taste-it means alot!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 1:23:08 AM
Author: D&T
looks like a show stopper there. Love the bright color!
Thanks D&T! My only worry is how gentle I must be with the stone, I''m pretty easy on my jewelry but accidents can happen.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/17/2009 8:36:08 AM
Author: stepcutnut

Hi all
35.gif

SCN

Thanks TL-it is bright, am told less green than the photo and almost fluorescent. It is about 16x13mm, so it is large-but I love chunky /pendants/necklaces and I am sure it would have a beaded necklace not a whimpy thin chain to balance it out. Just need to decide what stones would co best with the opal!
It reminds me of the color of your greenish-yellow diamond. Wow, and I thought the only thing that came out of Idaho was potatoes. LOL!! I never imagined a gorgeous gem coming from there. When you said "Idaho opal," it kind of threw me for a loop.

I would love to see spessartites with that.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
The color is FAB!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do I keep coming back to this thread to look at your opal!?!!
30.gif

I don''t even like yellow gems, but I LOVE this one!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooo, that is such a cool opal!! I love how bright it is.
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks like an incredible stone! I hope you get it so we can see more pic!
2.gif
Hat are the dimensions?

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 8:56:27 AM
Date: 6/17/2009 8:36:08 AM

Author: stepcutnut

Hi all
35.gif

SCN

It reminds me of the color of your greenish-yellow diamond. Wow, and I thought the only thing that came out of Idaho was potatoes. LOL!! I never imagined a gorgeous gem coming from there. When you said ''Idaho opal,'' it kind of threw me for a loop.

I would love to see spessartites with that.
Tl-I guess it does look like my yellow RB with green Fluor! I love to find pretty gems from the US :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 9:26:06 AM
Author: princessplease
The color is FAB!!!!
Thanks Princess :)

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 9:38:21 AM
Why do I keep coming back to this thread to look at your opal!?!!
30.gif

I don''t even like yellow gems, but I LOVE this one!!
Haha-I too find yellow and greenish yellow to be my least fav colors in gems, but sometimes they just speak to you!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 9:40:13 AM
Author: Catmom
Oooooooo, that is such a cool opal!! I love how bright it is.
36.gif
Thanks Catmom-we''ll see if it is still available :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m back for a second look too. What a beauty!
30.gif
And this is coming from someone who is very particular about yellow since I hate most shades of yellow.

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 9:43:55 AM
Author: VRBeauty
That looks like an incredible stone! I hope you get it so we can see more pic!
2.gif
Hat are the dimensions?
The stone is about 16x13mm

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/17/2009 10:01:10 AM
Author: Chrono
I''m back for a second look too. What a beauty!
30.gif
And this is coming from someone who is very particular about yellow since I hate most shades of yellow.
I too am dislike most yellow stones(with the exception of yellow diamonds)!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Put me on the list of back again just to stare at that opal!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results