shape
carat
color
clarity

I'd like to add a pearl to my collection

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Hi :wavey:

I have a gemstone collection, and I'd like to a single pearl to my collection, maybe more than :naughty: This would more than likely never be set, just kept in my treasure chest.

Is there a "4c's" for pearls? What kind of treatments are out there?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Bean :read:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
how does this one fair?

Weight: 10.11 ct.
Size: 11.11 mm
Color: Black Multicolor
Shape: Spherical
Cultured Seawater
Origin: Tahiti

$71

pearl-gem-253912c.jpg

pearl-gem-253912b.jpg

pearl-gem-253912a.jpg

Well.. if you like it.. get it, that is all that matters.

Personally for me, tahitians are all about color. That pearl has no color... A "GOOD" tahitian will be double that in price.

Again, I would look at pearl paradise. I love their site and recommend them often because they are so easy to navigate.
http://www.pearlparadise.com/Loose-Round-Tahitian-Pearl182.aspx

If you pull down the menus, an undrilled 11-12mm AAA would be $240. If you compare their sample pictures to the.. ebay picture? The body color is much brighter and the luster (the mirror shine) is excellent! If there is a certain color that you are looking for, I would call them.

I don't recommend the one in the picture you posted though. But, it's all personal preference.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
bean said:
Well.. if you like it.. get it, that is all that matters.

Personally for me, tahitians are all about color. That pearl has no color... A "GOOD" tahitian will be double that in price.

Again, I would look at pearl paradise. I love their site and recommend them often because they are so easy to navigate.
http://www.pearlparadise.com/Loose-Round-Tahitian-Pearl182.aspx

If you pull down the menus, an undrilled 11-12mm AAA would be $240. If you compare their sample pictures to the.. ebay picture? The body color is much brighter and the luster (the mirror shine) is excellent! If there is a certain color that you are looking for, I would call them.

I don't recommend the one in the picture you posted though. But, it's all personal preference.

Thanks Bean! That pearl is from gemselect. My only problem with pearlparadise is that you get a randomly selected pearl that falls into that category. I'm a bit weary of that, as I've never bought from them and haven't done a lot of research into their return program and customer satisfaction.

I wish pearls had a recommend vendor list like colored stones does.

I have plenty of time to do research, I guess I don't have to have a pearl right now... but soon :naughty:

LGK

Ideal_Rock
I think PP can send pics if you want them to- they're pretty responsive.

I've had good experiences buying from Pearl Paradise, The Pearl Outlet, pearllunar on ebay, and druzydesign on ebay. For Tahitians I would go with PP for sure. (Gah I wish FutureFashionista.com hadn't blown off a bunch of customers outrageously- her products were beautiful and well priced but I wouldn't risk buying from her anymore.)

How about a Sea of Cortez pearl? Those are really intriguing and a true rarity. The seller druzydesign sells them on ebay, and they have a number of folks here who've purchased from them including me. I had two from that seller, but gave them to my mom for mother's day. Here's an example: http://cgi.ebay.com/VERY-RARE-AAA-S...936?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20b278cdd8

I think it might help davi if you think about what size, shape and color you are looking for, and then call PP. You can email a request too, but usually they just tell you to call in anyways.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results