shape
carat
color
clarity

I'd like my CS membership card, please

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Well, it's official! I am a CSers permanently now! I gave up a diamond band in favor of a sapphire band! Here's the scoop. In 2007, I got a 5 stone platinum band with 60/60 cut E color VS2/SI1 diamonds as my first wedding ring upgrade (married in '04). I wore it quite happily for 7 years and then, it had a mishap. :errrr: I always take my rings off to wash my hands because soap clouded rings are one of my pet peeves. As I was drying my hands a couple of weeks ago, the ring slipped from my still wet fingers and fell about 4' and hit the hard tile on the bathroom floor at my office. It kind of made a "pop" sound instead of the metallic "ting" sound you might expect when metal meets tile. I knew immediately...I had broken a diamond. The center one, to be exact. Instead of getting a replacement for the broken stone, though, I thought now would be a good time to try something new so I went with blue sapphires this time. Lemons ... Lemonade! :appl: The setting is the same (I didn't really want to scrap a platinum setting) but the prongs have been reworked and, frankly, I like them better now. From the side view, it looks more like a crown and the scalloped design was preserved during the "renovation." I kind of feel like everyone has a 5 stone diamond band and I was ready to do something just a little bit different. I'm very happy with the results.

See pictures below for the original band, the best picture I could get of the shattered diamond, and my new and improved sapphire band!

_18647.jpg

5stonesideview.jpg

shattereddiamond.jpg

sapphires.jpg

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
More pics.

Also, the diamond band was .76ctw and the sapphire band is 1.02ctw.

_18648.jpg

sapphireview.jpg

sapphirecloseup.jpg

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it! :appl:

InToTheMystic

Shiny_Rock
I love your sapphire band! What a fun change.

I have an emerald five stone band that is of a very similar design. Very comfortable to wear. :twirl:

damn_get_some_moisturiser_0.jpg

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I love the new sapphire band, it's beautiful!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
That is so pretty! I'll bet you get comments on it a lot. I love the new "outline."

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
:love: welcome to the world of color stones! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love your sapphire band. So many of them are quite dark, but yours really shows off the blue!

planet_jp

Rough_Rock
Beautiful band! What are you going to do with the other four diamonds?

indigoblue

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely gorgeous!

Tanzigrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Derbygal - thank you!

InToTheMystic - your ring gives me ideas - ideas about...stacking! lol!!! Very pretty emeralds!

VirginiaZee - thank you

JewelFreak - I had no idea I'd like it more than I liked the original diamond band. It gets my attention somehow!

MoZo - thank you! Where can I pick up my CS membership card? lol

Minousbijoux - hand selected. I like a dark cornflower to bright royal. No "sapphonyx" for me

Planet_JP - very good question. Stay tuned. I will show you in August! I'll give you a hint though, the 4 surviving diamonds will be part of a 10 year anniversary upgrade ring...

Indigoblue - thank you!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tanzigrrl|1401307339|3681910 said:
hand selected. I like a dark cornflower to bright royal. No "sapphonyx" for me

:appl: Love it! And the new perfect name has been coined! You did an excellent job hand picking them!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your sapphire band is beautiful. The sapphires have a great color. Good call switching to sapphires.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the sapphire and the emeralds. Nice!

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
Sapphonyx lol. Dazzlingly ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results