shape
carat
color
clarity

Icy’s CS adventures

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Go lah. Nov is the smallest show in HK but still like 10 times bigger than Singapore at least. And you can buy everything. And set your stuff with the HK jewelers. And good food. And nice weather at that time.

I'm planning to visit Mogok this Nov :)

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go lah. Nov is the smallest show in HK but still like 10 times bigger than Singapore at least. And you can buy everything. And set your stuff with the HK jewelers. And good food. And nice weather at that time.

Can they set the stuff quickly?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Mellowyellow girl,
Yes, it passed the non-auntie test. I tried to look for pre-loved star sapphire at Icy's recommended shops but unfortunately, settings were the obstacle. I think that Icy did a great job finding her ring.
This was a star sapphire which I like but the setting did not work for me. 20180727_230929.jpg

Not bad for a CS noob huh? Heh. I think is fated. I mean, size 8-9 rings are super rare in Asia right? And not auntie some more.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Can they set the stuff quickly?

If not custom maybe have chance if u send in on day 1. But depends on where their workshop is (some in China). Else they will just mail over to you.

Or u can just buy the settings and get local jeweler to set for u.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Omg ya. I actually smiled when I read her reply hahahah. Happy... :whistle:

Lol no lah. But you know how overpriced CS can be. Or even jade... Like cyl's jade stuff in sg ;-)

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Lol no lah. But you know how overpriced CS can be. Or even jade... Like cyl's jade stuff in sg ;-)

Branding... but I actually quite like some of the designs. Maybe I wait for a sample sale... :lol:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Young padawan. Go for a small translucent green jade cab. Size isn't always everything.

I try... but small ones look quite silly on me... unless I use as stacking rings... hmm that’s an idea.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Branding... but I actually quite like some of the designs. Maybe I wait for a sample sale... :lol:

I was staying at intercon bugis last year when they had their sample sale. They haughtily told me their rings are only up to a us 7. It'd cost extra $150 for a custom size.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I try... but small ones look quite silly on me... unless I use as stacking rings... hmm that’s an idea.

Small ones are very wearable. If the colour is strong.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Plus. The intercon duty manager is their friend. I didn't realise that. We had a long stay guest appreciation night. When she asked me what i thought of cyl... I was too frank :razz:

YC

Brilliant_Rock
I used to like her earlier designs but her things ARE grossly overpriced.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade

If good jadeite is offered i think it's fine. But it isn't. They are commercial/utility quality. Morally wrong to me, sorry.

My own version below ;-) made in silver. Got the jade balls foc from my jewellers m

20161008_220102-1.jpg 20161008_122438-1.jpg

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I was staying at intercon bugis last year when they had their sample sale. They haughtily told me their rings are only up to a us 7. It'd cost extra $150 for a custom size.

Oh I didn’t know that.

But ok lah I was looking at their earrings and pendants. Agree that their stuff are so commercial grade. I usually don’t even give jadeite of those quality a second glance so honestly if I ever get it’s cos I like the metal design.

Plus. The intercon duty manager is their friend. I didn't realise that. We had a long stay guest appreciation night. When she asked me what i thought of cyl... I was too frank :razz:

Oops!!! What happened after that?

Did u get anything from her?

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Can you halo the crap out of it?

My solution is to halo the crap out of everything! Only 0.76 cts this one!

20171213_175234.jpg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Burmesedaze you would have slapped the crap out of me if I bought that Tiffany bangle I looked at last year!

Was $12000 AUD! Hehe bought a Whiteflash one instead!

ETA: WF one was NOT anywhere near $12000AUD!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Can you halo the crap out of it?

My solution is to halo the crap out of everything! Only 0.76 cts this one!

20171213_175234.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

Stacking rings I think. I quite like the idea. Hmm... but I want a nice welo opal first.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
@Burmesedaze you would have slapped the crap out of me if I bought that Tiffany bangle I looked at last year!

Was $12000 AUD! Hehe bought a Whiteflash one instead!

ETA: WF one was NOT anywhere near $12000AUD!

What bangle? I need pics.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
12k can get a very very good green jadeite!! Smack!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh I didn’t know that.

But ok lah I was looking at their earrings and pendants. Agree that their stuff are so commercial grade. I usually don’t even give jadeite of those quality a second glance so honestly if I ever get it’s cos I like the metal design.

Oops!!! What happened after that?

Did u get anything from her?

Changed topics quickly loo

I cracked an opal ring before. So I'm not too keen on opal rings. I sold off the 18k gold at scrap value at moneymax or something like that.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
74FCBE80-C782-47A0-8041-65C076B33386.jpeg
Changed topics quickly loo

I cracked an opal ring before. So I'm not too keen on opal rings. I sold off the 18k gold at scrap value at moneymax or something like that.

I cannot stop thinking about this. The pic doesn’t do justice to it. It’s like a clear cab with magical glitter dancing inside. So so beautiful.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
This one! I didn't buy it of course! Not for $12000!!!!! I did like the bow momentarily! Not enough for $12,000 though!

IMG-20171118-WA0001.jpg

I’m ok with it. If buying branded stuff makes you happy go ahead... it’s like mikimoto vs unbranded tennyo grade akoya. Some people will always prefer to get mm for the brand and that’s fine if it makes them happy.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m ok with it. If buying branded stuff makes you happy go ahead... it’s like mikimoto vs unbranded tennyo grade akoya. Some people will always prefer to get mm for the brand and that’s fine if it makes them happy.

In the end I decided I was lucky to have some nice things but we weren't at the level of being "Tiffany people" if that makes sense! So I stuck to my box which is Whiteflash!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
In the end I decided I was lucky to have some nice things but we weren't at the level of being "Tiffany people" if that makes sense! So I stuck to my box which is Whiteflash!

That's a smack grade comment from me if you were buying :razz:

But hey, not my money.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a smack grade comment from me if you were buying :razz:

But hey, not my money.

You smack me for the WF? The WF was a decent buy!!!! Sooooo sparkly!!!!! And I got to try ACA melee!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results