shape
carat
color
clarity

Icky day...need some cheering up

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi gals

I had a crummy day--on top of no sleep and a nasty cold i had a bad interview for a new position that i wanted at work. I cringe when i think about some of my responses....i am usually quite articulate, but i now realize i totally misunderstood an important question and i am beating myself up over it!! I know i''ll get over it, but I work with the people I interviewed with and so I feel a little embarassed...

Anyway, wondering what everyone does after a bad day? I have been trying to think about some wedding progress i have made so far to inject a little optimism into my day, but it''s not working..FI is not home yet either, but i know he''ll be a good shoulder to cry on ;-)

What wedding related things do you do that put you in a ''happy place'' instead of stressing you out???

Officers girl

Shiny_Rock
**HUGS** Im sorry your having a bad day!! Well for me I just go and take a hot bath and pour over wedding magazines and just try to relax and try to let the days worries pass me by
24.gif
. You dont even have to try and think of what you have done towards the wedding just try and think about the wonderful future you have with your future hubby and how good you will feel once the bouquet is tossed and its all said and don. Sorry im not much help but I hope you have a better day
12.gif

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
i''m doing them right now (crazy day at work).
here are my fave de-stressors:

- seeing fi (easy, cuz he lives with me so i can hug him whenever i want)
- drinking a glass of wine (doing now)
- allowing myself an hour or so of mindless tv (going to watch gray''s anatomy!)

hope your day goes better!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
thanks girls

i feel better after a good night''s sleep! TGIF!

funny how blogging becomes a whole new source of ''friends''. I had NEVER blogged or even read forums up until fairly recently, but now i look forward to seeing what others are up to each day on work breaks!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2007 9:19:01 AM
Author: Jas12
thanks girls

i feel better after a good night''s sleep! TGIF!

funny how blogging becomes a whole new source of ''friends''. I had NEVER blogged or even read forums up until fairly recently, but now i look forward to seeing what others are up to each day on work breaks!
I KNOW RIGHT!!! :) I really feel addicted to PS, it''s my ''happy place''! Thanks to all for giving that to me.

I hope you''re feeling better Jas12! Last night''s TV was sure to pick-you-up, and now it''s Friday! Hooray! Have a great weekend!!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
Jas12 - your Canadian!! Toronto to boot!

I read your thread about falling in love with your Melissa Sweet gown...what did you decide?

Pics!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
A good night''s sleep does wonders! I''m glad you''re feeling better. What I like to do when I had a crappy day is curl up in front of my favorite movie with my stitching project (which happens to be a wedding project; it''s a bridal portrait I''d like to display at the reception!).

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sorry to hear about your bad day--I know you may be a little embarassed b/c you interviewed with coworkers, but you shouldn''t be--they KNOW how you are on a day to day basis, so I''m sure that they could tell if you were at all off b/c of nerves or something like that!!!!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
And for me personally, on a bad day, I pick up a bottle of wine, get into my pjs and watch a girly movie. Or I call my best friend who lives 800 miles away and we talk and drink wine. Either way it involves girly stuff and wine haha.

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
You girls are so cute....
I think i am getting addicted to PS as well!

mela lu, yes, I am a canadian gal! I ended up buying the Melissa Sweet Dora. No pics of me in it yet ( i am actually nervous to see myself in it again b/c i placed the deposit after trying on a really mangled run-way sample) I am now seeing this dress all over the place...on the cover of one mag, in articles etc. No magazine ads, but a lot of features. I hope i won''t get sick of it! I will post pics asap

sweetpea, wine is a great idea. I got a few nice bottles of red for xmas. I think I may go pop one open right now.....
3.gif

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Jas, glad you''re feeling better today!! I''ve had some bad interviews in my day... and I think sometimes you just have to throw up your hands and remind yourself that things work out the way they''re supposed to. If the job is supposed to be yours, it''ll happen... but maybe this was just a sign that it wasn''t. Sort of gives you a better perspective when you can take a step back and say "nothing more I can do about it now... so I''m letting it go!"

As for de-stressing, a glass of red wine always does it for me!! But my MOST favorite thing? A good Jane Austen movie... nothing like being transported back to the days of sitting around drinking tea, making witty conversation and falling in love.
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results