shape
carat
color
clarity

Icestore.com.au / Melbourne Diamond Exchange

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dixxin

Rough_Rock
Hi MDX,

I have purchased a 1k from Stacy of MDX in April. I was told by her that I am free to upgrade to a larger stones any time from any of the icestore''s inventory. I want but am frustrated by the services offered at the moment.

I was lied to by Stacy regarding the status of a diamond which she claimed was sold to a buyer in Toronto but it later surfaced on the firm''s site at a significantly higher price. If a mispricing had occured I will appreciate honesty from the firm rather than her lie.

Later on I saw some stones which I am interested in from the icestore''s general site at icestore.com and put in an enquiry with Rebecca of icestore. After a week of no reply I followed up my queries with another phonecall but was then told that inventory on the icestore''s US site is not part of their inventory. I was really unhappy regarding this point as I made it clear to Stacy upon my initial purchase that I intend to move to US and the reason for buying from MDX in the first place is her word that I can upgrade my stone via icestore''s US store.

I still wish to transact but the failure to reply to my queries prompty had left me wondering whether MDX is keen for me to upgrade at all. My fiance is leaving the country in less than two weeks and I need an upgrade.

I am frustrated with the treatment given by your staff who cannot even respond to simple queries from me like whether I can pay in USD.

I even had to resort to contacting JAA in order to get some help but they suggest that I to you before contacting the fair trading office regarding the potentially misleading practice.

Shopping for a diamond is stressful enough without having to deal with the unhelpful staff.

My dealing with MDX had not always been this tense and stressful and I do not wish for me to be labelled as the person that throw up a big fuss, but there is only so much a customer am willing to take.

I was very happy with my initial purchase with icestore.com.au, my question was answered promptly and Stacy even helped me get the stone set in a mere 48 hours. The price of MDX is certainly cheaper than any of the local dealer have to offer but does this mean that the service level is compromised? I certainly hope not.

I have less than two weeks from today to get my fiance a larger stone. I want to trade in my 1k VS2 E (GIA) for something larger. I bought that initially for 9300+GST and I am willing to spend up to $35000 inclusive of tradein. I am looking for something that is >2k, or slightly below.. wish to get a VS2 but am willing to settle for a reasonably clean SI1.

I certainly wish that i have not been dealing with a shady company and do I want them to shine through in the end. But at this point in time I have nothing but frustration towards the staff of icestore.

bnas95

Rough_Rock
Heya
Just thought I would ad my 1cent ... One cent because the transaction wasnt completed.

I contacted Rebecca and got nothing but complete answers to all my questions. Very impressed and they very friendly, I asked for sarin reports on a few diamonds and they had no problem providing this for me.

Johan was extremely willing to advise me on the important things to look for in a diamond and helped me distinguish the better cut diamonds.

I believe that an ICE diamond is a diamond that is cut specially for ICE store. I also believe that the stock shown on the Melbourne site is the same as that shown on the US site. According to Jim the US site sells more coloured stones and mainly large stones which is why you can not search on stones lower than 0.9 ct on the US site.

The reason I didnt complete the deal was because I really really wanted a D/ IF stone but the best I could get in this colour and clarity was a normal cut .... if I wanted a good cut then it would have to be an E/VVS1. I would have bought from them had I not found a H&A D/IF.

Hope this helps everyone
1.gif

bnas95

Rough_Rock
Heya
Just thought I would ad my 1cent ... One cent because the transaction wasnt completed.

I contacted Rebecca and got nothing but complete answers to all my questions. Very impressed and they very friendly, I asked for sarin reports on a few diamonds and they had no problem providing this for me.

Johan was extremely willing to advise me on the important things to look for in a diamond and helped me distinguish the better cut diamonds.

I believe that an ICE diamond is a diamond that is cut specially for ICE store. I also believe that the stock shown on the Melbourne site is the same as that shown on the US site. According to Jim the US site sells more coloured stones and mainly large stones which is why you can not search on stones lower than 0.9 ct on the US site.

The reason I didnt complete the deal was because I really really wanted a D/ IF stone but the best I could get in this colour and clarity was a normal cut .... if I wanted a good cut then it would have to be an E/VVS1. I would have bought from them had I not found a H&A D/IF.

Hope this helps everyone
1.gif

dixxin

Rough_Rock
Johan of MDX has contacted me regarding the upgrade and has even recommended a stone that is currently available to me. I am glad that I have finally received some response and look forward to finally completing this transaction...

SL

mdx

Brilliant_Rock
Hi dixxen
I am sorry to hear you had a spot of bother and frustration; sometimes in even simple negotiations there can be communication problems.
Just give me a call in the morning and I will do everything I can to rectify your disappointment.
Johan

dixxin

Rough_Rock
The US icestore's inventory is different as I tried to upgrade to a stone found on the US site but was told that it is not part of the inventory. Johan has since explained to me that though possible it is impractical to do so due to the restocking cost..

dixxin

Rough_Rock
Johan of MDX has been great... will be showing me either a 2.00 G VS2 and a 2.08 GSI1 on monday...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results