shape
carat
color
clarity

ice.com good deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
rda207482_b_l.jpg
$195
Stone Information:
Diamond
Cut: Round
Clarity: I2
Color: I.J.
Weight: 1/4 CTW
Quantity: 18

pinkie621

Rough_Rock
Looks nice, post pics if you buy it!!

elsie

Shiny_Rock
(guilty look)
I actually just bought this after reading DiamondSmitten's post on RockyTalky. ice.com supposedly has free return shipping, so I figured what the heck.

They upgraded my shipping, so I'll be receiving it by Mon/Tues. I'll try to take pics if you're interested!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I can''t wait to see it elsie...I wonder how the I2 will be in tiny stones.

DiamondSmitten

Shiny_Rock
Just FYI, my mom''s ring (which sh got for valentine''s day) has gotten many compliments! I have a couple pieces from that site and they are a great money/quality balance.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Yes please post pics!! I''m very curious to see what I2 looks like in tini stones!

Thanks!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have one very similar, but mine has 11 stones and its 1/4th of carat, it sparkles like crazy, I love it, here it is with my wedding set, I do not have pictures by it self. My husband purchased it last year for $249.
BRjul06042.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
diamondsringlover,

What it the color of diamonds on the band. My e-ring will have G color diamonds and I was concerned with I-J color band would clash. Does it make a difference on yours? From the picture your set looks beautiful and I would have never guessed your band was I1

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I believe ice.com is based in the city where I live, Montreal (in Quebec, Canada).

I have two semi-experiences with them:

1. A colleague bought some colored and white diamond jewelry from them. It was not pretty in person. All the white diamonds were very included and didn''t sparkle at all. The piece with multiple blue diamonds had blue shades that didn''t match (in my opinion). But my colleague seemed to think they were nice treats for his wife, and kept both pieces.

2. A colleague used to work for them (he''s a programmer, I think he worked on their website or shopping engine) and said the owners were pretty awful to work for.

I have never bought from them myself. I guess if they are accurately describing the color/clarity of their stones, and you are okay with those, then fine. But for me, after being spoiled by having knowledge of such nice stones through pricescope, I''m not sure I could ever be happy with I clarity stones...

Anne

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Okay ladies, I got my sparkly today!

First off, I should say I wasn''t expecting much. The diamonds are fairly included (as advertised), and if you look really closely, the diamonds look cloudy. However, it is such a small band that these things don''t appear to matter much, IMO. For the price, especially w/20% off, it''s not a bad "fun ring" to have around. I figure it''ll tide me over until I can afford a band with better diamonds!

Sorry the pics aren''t great -- I got home after dark and the best lighting was in the bathroom.
3.gif

First pic is of the band itself:

elsieicebandfront.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Blurry pic of the side:

elsieicebandside.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Loupe pic:

elsieicebandloupe.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
A few hand shots:

elsieiceband.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock

elsieiceband2.JPG

elsie

Shiny_Rock
With my e-ring. For reference, my e-ring stone is an E/VS1, and the band is supposed to be I/J color with I2 clarity. Not sure I can see a huge difference (in fact, in this pic, my diamond looks pretty yellow!)

elsieicebandering2.JPG

chickflick

Shiny_Rock
I think it looks very pretty with your ring! Nice match. I don''t see a difference at all in the pic and of course, only you will look that closely at it. I''m all about diamonds that sparkle and that''s nice and sparkly!

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Elsie!!!

the ring looks beautiful and I can''t believe the your E color stone looks matching to a J band!

I''m still torn though, are they REALLY included, to the point it doesn''t sparkle?
If you never had money ever again could you live with this as your wedding band??
I was thinking about getting two and $400 dollars is a lot of money to waste, if I''m not happy with it
Also what is your ring size? they don''t have a 4.75 option.

Morris and David have a similar band for $349 SI in clarity and I believe G-H in color
Is jewelry basket still going to carry them?? I was going to get one at a time, to ease the expense, but i''m afraid they are going to stop carrying them because they are on sale and it says last in stock.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Well I guess it was a popular deal, they are currently out of stock!

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
Hi,
I was looking for something similar also-- saw this on overstock-- diamonds around the entire band:

$549 for 2
Highly polished 14-karat gold (white or yellow)
Round diamonds (H-J diamond color and I1 diamond clarity)
Prong setting
1/2* total diamond carat weight

overst.jpg

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, chickflick! I was surprised at how well it went with my e-ring as well.
1.gif

MustangFan, to answer your questions (although this might be moot since the band isn''t available anymore):

- No, the diamonds aren''t so included to the point where they don''t sparkle -- there''s some sparkle there!

- I''m also a size 4.75 for my e-ring, but I bought a size 5 which fits fine (we''re finger twins!).

- As for having this as my wedding band, I would not suggest it. I bought this because I wanted a "fun" band to wear or stack if my mood strikes; however, I really don''t expect it to hold up to daily/yearly wear! For the price I paid for the ring, I think it''s likely that a diamond could fall out of the band (I have a picture in my head of them just shoving the diamonds into the prongs without really caring how they look closeup
2.gif
). And if you''re a "mind clean" person, then you definitely won''t be happy with this band for the rest of your life!
2.gif

I really would like a band that has better diamonds and better craftsmanship. I''m not currently willing to pay a lot of money for jewelry (since I just spent some money on a sapphire ring a few months ago), but since you''re willing to pay $400 (and if you can settle for 1 band instead of 2), I would look into some of the following options:

A. Look into somewhere like Signed Pieces (or a place that can custom make the band) where the diamond quality is great, and they''re very likely more careful about how the prongs are holding the diamonds (also would be able to do maintenance if something happened to your band). I did consider this band, which is around your price range:

http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=3638

This place has really pretty bands, too -- but quite pricey:

http://www.estatediamondjewelry.com/catalog.cfm?cat_id=11

elsie

Shiny_Rock
Continuing above post (kept getting an error with part of my previous post!)

B. Consider a gemstone band where the same price could possibly buy you better quality stones.

C. Find a good compromise at places that sell higher-quality diamond bands (like the Overstock.com link that Ausable posted). You might want to look on Amazon.com as well.

Hope that helps! And good luck with the wedding band search...
37.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, that ring looks awesome with your Ering!!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2007 9:10:43 PM
Author: elsie
With my e-ring. For reference, my e-ring stone is an E/VS1, and the band is supposed to be I/J color with I2 clarity. Not sure I can see a huge difference (in fact, in this pic, my diamond looks pretty yellow!)
These look really nice together! Hope they hold up for you and sparkle like you want. The photos look good.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results