shape
carat
color
clarity

Iberjoya

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

melz

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone ever heard of these guys? Apparently they supply Macys, although they have better diamonds as well. My boyfriend and I are having a fight over getting my diamond there (from Iberjoya, not in the form of a Macy''s diamond per se although in the end that would be the retailer). I feel really strongly that I don''t want to, but maybe I am just being stubborn ....

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
What are your bf''s reasonings for going with this vendor? There are many sources for stones outside mass-market retailers and their wholesale suppliers...

melz

Shiny_Rock
2-year interest free financing ...

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay. I''m not going to preach about the ills of credit, but has he been approved for the credit? I know many companies aren''t extending credit these days, regardless of what they''ve advertised. Has he looked into a low or 0% interest rate credit card? Or what about going with a smaller stone and a vendor with an upgrade policy? You can upgrade down the road when you can afford something larger...

melz

Shiny_Rock
No, he hasn''t. Smaller stone is not a bad idea. Although there is part of me that thinks with diamond prices the way they are, now is the time to get the larger diamond i will want for longer. It''s an impossible question I know, but thanks for the feedback.

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Also, bear in mind that regardless of whether you can get access to financing, the cost of financing will be there; it just won''t be visible (not all GIA-graded EX/EX/EX 1.62 F/VS2 are the same, and you may not get to see the better ones).

melz

Shiny_Rock
I completely agree. Can I give you his telephone number?
28.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately you can''t exchange personal information on PS. Why not direct him here?

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t heard of the company, but I really wouldn''t choose my diamond vendor solely, or even mostly, on the basis of who offers financing. If that is a big factor, I think more research needs to be done to see what other vendors offer this option. But really, if it''s difficult to pay for a diamond in the size you want now, so that financing is the way you''re going, I would wait. Either get the smaller diamond (there is no guarantee that this recession is going to end soon, so diamond prices might go lower - besides which, I thought the prices were really dropping only for rare carat size (very large) diamonds?) or go with an alternative (get a diamond band, or get a colored stone in the size you want, and upgrade later when it becomes more feasible to pay for it outright instead of financing).

Just my 0.02
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results